Ignore - posted to by accident

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, this is going to be at a state park!?? I thought at someones homestead...my mistake.:/

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
Farmfresh said:
We have to be sure and check on the LIVE ANIMALS rules. Sometimes State Parks might have special rules about that. If they are cool with it I think it would be great to bring our chickens LIVE and then clean them as a demo and then eat them as a demo. Over the campfire roasted or cooked in a cast iron spider or whatever.
That's kinda funny because a park warden may misconstrue the slaughtering of chickens and goats a bit differently then us SS pagans (said with a half way grin).
:rolleyes: Park wardens are so uptight!!

We may have to have "satellite classes". :p

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I don't like it being in Ohio. :somad That's just really to far. Over 2300 miles for me. I can't go.

That just flat out sucks!!!!

Grumble grumble!!!!!

:rant

gina
Ditto!:(

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the group and from Columbianna Co, Ohio. The gathering sounds interesting and depending on the date I'd love to attend. I can offer information, mini class or whatever on wool, home processing of wool, felting, spinning, weaving, etc.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ohioann said:
Hi, I'm new to the group and from Columbianna Co, Ohio. The gathering sounds interesting and depending on the date I'd love to attend. I can offer information, mini class or whatever on wool, home processing of wool, felting, spinning, weaving, etc.
Oh yea!! Welcome to SS!!

I have sheep...a few of us do here. I would love to learn more about spinning, felting and weaving!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK, folks, we cannot have a processing/butchering class at the State Park.

Nor can we roast a piggie on a spit.

We can bring foods that are already prepared for cooking, just cannot do the actual processing of them at the Park.

Ohioann, we would LOVE to have a class on wool!! :welcome

As for bartering/trading, I think that's a great idea! But, I also think perhaps we should have a separate thread started and have people post what they'll have to barter/sell/trade and that way people who are travelling a fair distance only have to pack and bring what they have promised to someone.

Sound good?!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Kinda a ways outta the way, tho, don't 'cha think?! :lol: :gig