Ignore - posted to by accident

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome Ohioann....I am just getting started in my spinning adventure...and would love some hints!! I will try to remember to bring my wheel, and wool...and cards. :/

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
First off I would like to welcome Ohioann!! :frow

Secondly, I would like to vote for a date.

July 9-10 works best for us, but we can be flexible. We would just be coming for the Saturday "meet and greet" because we have to get back home to care for the critters. I "think" you guys are only about an hour away from us.

All we need is an address and a time to show up! :frow

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK folks, we're going to be planning this for the weekend of July 23 -24, 2010.

We hope a lot of you are able to make it! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yes, Farm, the idea was to camp over from Friday night until Saturday. :)

If that doesn't work for everyone, the camping is free, so you can come and camp over from Saturday to Sunday.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Gotta love free camping! :D

I would LOVE to come. I might have to do a little to get it done however, hubby's new schedule at work means it is hard to get time off when He needs it.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
The Wife and I are planning on being there Saturday morning.

Aly, please post the address to the campground, or wherever the gathering is taking place.
Are dogs allowed at this campground?

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm in Oregon, and I would LOVE a west coast one. I get back from Costa Rica ant the end of July, so the beginning of August would be perfect for me (or, if I don't get a place in the study abroad trip, ANYTIME would work well for me :lol: ) So how many west coasters do we have interested? We could do a coast trip, and if the tides cooperate, maybe some crabbing? :cool: There are lots of state parks along the coast that have free camping... central coast is usually ideal, near Newport tends to have the best weather.

How many people are interested? Any suggestions for parks from the Oregonians? Or, I could do the leg work and look up all the parks, but it's finals week for me right now, so it would be a bit slow in coming. As for food, I can do a lot of the accommodations, my family has lots of outdoor cooking pots and burners and so forth. Some propane and life is good!

So Dace, BBH, all you Washington/Oregon/California people, how's it sound?

Edited to say- it looks like a LOT of the coast state parks are charging now, and have put in electrical lines and so forth. :rolleyes: Not terribly SS. Are people averse to maybe cascades area? There is BEAUTIFUL camping up there. So instead of crabbing, there would be fishing and crawdadding. I know the BLM and park department land in the high cascades really, really well. And a couple creeks that I might be willing to share where they are to people.... as long as you promise not to show too many other people! :)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I would certainly consider it. I already have a trip planned this year and don't know, if I can swing 2 trips.
We might want to start a seperate thread for this.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
BTTT so Aly gets a chance to post the address of the campground. :D