In Coming Newbie....In Coming Newbie.....!!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from east Texas! I started on BYC too, migrated to SS, read threads on BYH, but found my "hangout home" on TEG. I have to come back here to welcome new members and catch up on things. SS is full of useful information. I think you will like it here......what took so long? :lol:

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcomes!

Baymule, you know how BYC is....you get so addicted you just can't go anywhere else!! :barnie I guess it is time to expand on the addiction....:gig

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Like I did. DH said he's going to buy himself a computer, because I'm hogging this one all day :hide I'm not online that much! Just a few hours every day...

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This site is already increasing my pc time....:hide

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@TwoCrows on this site and on TEG and BYH, when you use a members name put a @ in front of it, and it sends them a notification when they log on. It's a great way to call someone's attention to the thread.

BYC was my introduction forum drug......then BYH.....then SS, I spent a lot of time here on SS. I now have a grain mill and mill my corn and wheat (bought) and make bread. We still buy most of our bread, but the occasional home made bread and dinner rolls is yummy. I absolutely will not use store bought cornmeal anymore. :tongue Last year I grew Daymon Morgans Kentucky Butcher corn and it made a good corn meal. This year I grew Painted Mountain, had some pollination problems, but at least got enough for a bigger corn field next year. I shelled it off the cob yesterday. I also grew Anasazi sweet corn, only picked 3 ears for eating and let the rest dry for seed. Picked it yesterday and am letting the shucked cobs dry.

I also bought a Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator last year and really love the dehydrated foods. They store so well and take up a lot less room.

But I hang out the most on TEG. It is a very active gardening forum and gardening is near and dear to my heart. I love it all, but I love growing things the most. Maybe when we move, I'll get some sheep or goats and then can contribute to the conversation on BYH.

Can't wait to hear more about you. Mosey on over to TEG and tell us more about your gardening!

Support

Almost Self-Reliant
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome! Great job on crossing-over. Lol!

Hope that you will enjoy SS as much as you've enjoyed BYC.

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome! Great job on crossing-over. Lol!

Hope that you will enjoy SS as much as you've enjoyed BYC.

Thanks so much!! I am SO hopelessly addicted to BYC that I am going to have to figure out how to create more hours in the day so I can spend even MORE time online. :th

Thanks for the great welcome and I am sure I will love it here as much as I do on BYC. :)