Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Just read the whole sordid story. Wow, that was remarkable self control, Jay!

I was thinking, put his "sins" in writing and clarify in writing what further infraction will get his sorry donkey fired, have him sign your copy, and that is that. Then I read that you wrote him up.

I teach adults, and you would think that at a massage school the quality of people would be better....nurturing, caring people with a calling. Not so much anymore, as massage therapy has become more mainstream. I have to write people up left and right the first three weeks or so, then things are SMOOTH sailing after that! We have certain points off for each type of infraction, and after so many points, they fail the course. No matter what their grades are. Who cares if you are the top student if you cannot work with other people in a respectful manner?

I would also put "complaints from fellow employees" on the list and "skills must improve for continued employment" and such. Let him know he'd better start baking brownies for everyone ;) if he wants a job. It is not fair to the good employees to have to deal with him, even one f-bomb a day would set my teeth on edge.

I'm sure you can find a good person to replace him with no trouble at all, at those wages! Yeesh!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't want to go into the details of why it happened but recently my husband nearly lost his job. They ended up suspending him for 2 days and then he had to come into a meeting and tell them why he should be allowed to continue working there and what he will do in the future to prevent the issues. Luckily, he was able to keep his job. Since then, he has continued to keep the issue resolved because next time the issue is noticed he will be terminated immediately.

(If you want to know the dirty details, DH works for T-Mobile on their high-balance collestions team and he had a problem with compliance. Compliance is being on the phone when they want you on it, leaving for breaks on time, coming back from them on time, using the right codes when you are logging off for the bathroom or team meeting or whatever. DH was renouned for taking care of the customers (customer service background) so much that he would be leaving for breaks late or ending up on long calls to resolve even the littlest issue for the customer. I have been drilling into him for years that he is there to get money not work on every little problem the customer has. Anyway, like I said he has found solutions to his "issue" and so it isn't (or better not be) a problem anymore.)

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Before it leaves me, and I am just saying as per the way I see things. I don't look down or judge people for what they do or why they do it. So please do not be offended by the following statement.

" I personally wouldn't work at any job that I couldn't advance in, unless I had no other options or the income from that job wouldn't matter "

I currently hold the best position in both of my companies, there is no chance for advancement for myself. By far, I have worked past my own goals and often set the bar higher every year. I tend to meet those milestones every year. In order to set the bar higher, I have to use forward thinking, new product lines, different designs, and whats going on in the market today. Truth is, If I am not careful and wise at what I am doing I could loose everything I have. Well thats not really true, but I would not keep my current lifestyle, which I like.

When I look back, and remember when I use to work on the floor for Jim, it was tough work, real strongman stuff. The more you got done sooner and it was right, the easier your day would go. I might share some photos later of what I call strongman stuff.

So I brought big mouth in my office for a talk. Rather than going out to call him in, I sent for him to report to me directly.

I told him to come in have a seat, close the door behind him. I was finishing a post I was reading, and made him wait a minute till I was finished.

I didn't want to explain a lot, but rather approach him in a manner that was "this is how it is" and first thing he did was sit up in the chair. I told him if he ever raised his voice above talking level to me again I was going to fire him. I also went further into some of the problems we had only touched on yesterday.

Handed him his write form, made him sign mine.

Now I gave him some room to talk, but he was having an attitude again and didn't wanna talk to me. I told him if he didn't explain himself right now, he was gone. He start telling me all his personal problems, I stopped him and told him that I didn't/don't care about his problems. What I did care about was how he acted on my time clock, and anything less than professional will not be tolorated. I could see he didn't like what I was saying, and asked for a response back.

He was slow to respond, so I put the fire on him, take the rest of the day off and think about it. He said whatever, I said take the rest of the week off, big mouth lived up to his name. He look at me said " I ain't gotta put up with your Sh** M**** F***** " I told him to get his stuff and leave. I waited till he got out in the shop, LOL, he went out and started working, WTF.... So I yelled at him right in the middle of the shop, where every one could see and hear. I told him to get his stuff because he's fired. Fletch walked up and stood beside me, the manchild started crying and explaining something. I said if you don't leave now I was going to call the police. He threw a coffe cup at me, fletch caught it in mid flight, and fletch being the watch dog told him to leave or he was going to remove him.

The big mouthed manchild left peeling his tires on his truck.

I went back into the office just to calm down, gather my thoughts. I thought, wow what a good time to have a company meeting. Down to four people on the floor now, I shouted called every in on me. I asked if anyone else had a employement problem ( I shouldn't have said that, I was just angry ). I asked if anyone had a problem with me firing big mouth, one said "no, I wish you would have done it sooner". LOL.... Heads just knodded in agreement.

So I felt it was a good benefit to go over how we treat each other in the work place, I also mentioned about choice of language that is proper in the work place. I didn't feel any need to talk about how they should respect me as I am the boss, I have never had an issue with any of my employees like this.

Often I will go on the floor and work with one of my employees, not to just tell them how to approach a job or problem. I will pick up a welding torch myself or show them how to make the machine work for their job. I did the same for big mouth, but his attitude and busy body disrespectful mouth got the better of him.

I didn't intend to fire him, but he made me do it, and like I say "it is what it is, lets make the best of it" :clap

Sure don't make'em like they use to..... Makes me proud to be carved from old stock, thanks Mom....... Oh, just for the record, I am glad my Dad didn't name me Sue LOL:lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
j,
I am sorry to hear this story. Both for you and the loud mouth who deserved to be fired. It's just a tough situation for everyone. But, one thing I want to mention from experience with my dh employees. Now is the time to change any locks or key codes this man may know. Anything you have worth money that he may have access to, secure. It is this exact type of employee that we have had turn around and steal after they are fired. That or they file some type of wrongful unemployment law suite. Anger fuels a mean fire. Just be careful. Keep everything documented.

Oh, and enjoy the rest of your day. It should be very quite around there now. :idunno. g

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, he really didn't know when to stop, did he. I agree with Tank about the access. This guy could be big trouble.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yep, I'm with Gina on this one, too. Red flags popping up all over the place.

Good for you, now watch your back!! That guy has some serious problems.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well I'd have fired his butt, too!

That's one thing I really enjoy about having our farm, small as it is, if we need to go do something, there's no boss to get permission from because we are our own "bosses" here. DH and I are a team, and some days we don't get to do the "fun" stuff because our "jobs" aren't done. But then there are the days when we're caught up on everything and we can go fishing/hunting/hiking/camping/etc.

Being the boss means you earned those priveleges!! :)

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:celebratek Wooo hooooo! Good job!

No one wants to deal with him so at least one of your employees chimed right up!

So calm is back in your work place and you should have good work going on!

Since my father was a manager at Xerox Corp. many years ago, he would have done the same thing as you did with that bigmouth guy. My Dad does NOT tolerate those kind of guys at Xerox, since the company has the highest regards to attitude, dependablity and hands on, not afraid to get his hands dirty in repairing those filthy, 150 thousand dollar copying machines. Since my father has retired, the company started going downhill, and guess what the best bosses, managers has retired or gone because they are hiring less than ideal brown nosed brats that got their heads on wrong and the attitude was bad. I was really appalled by the behavior of the tech men when I went in to get some copies made. Some were snarky and didn't have proper attitude toward the customers. My boss had to write up a comment card on this guy and it was all poor. Did they fire his butt? Nope, he was still working on the copying machines when I was terminated after working there for almost ten years.

So all in all, we need bosses like you. With all the bull crap going on, attitudes and dedication to the boss are out of the windows already with the young generation.

Could this be a "whiney, give me anything" type of generation? I guess some of us are to blame how our kids are raised under the government spying on us.

Good for you!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I always have one eye out looking around being aware of my surroundings. He was not a key personal so had no access to anything that he could benefit from.

Also, I have noticed every one seems to be in a better mood today. I was concerned being over the top yesterday with my anger ( asking if anybody else had employment problems ), that it might send a larger shockwave and make people worry about their jobs, but it didn't.

The radio issue was brought to my attention this morning, they offered a solution in order to listen to music while they work. The solution was, they all agreed to one radio station to listen to. I was fine with that and now that manchild is gone, no rap music :celebrate sorry if you like rap, I don't like it at all.

Now that the storm clouds have moved, peace has returned to the shop. Friday we will have an extended lunch and I will BBQ for my employees and provide some side dishes and drinks.

I spent my first evening planting in the garden yesterday, and wow did it help my mood. :ya I swear its better than any other therapy, well I mean when your in a bad mood. :p

I put in 12 tomatoe, 12 bell peppers (2 reds, 2 orange, rest green), 2 habanero, 6 hot bannanas (which don't look to good after lows in the mid fortys last night). I am not a huge fan of eggplant but every now and then is good, so I planted 2 of those as well.

First year growing grapes for me, so I was wondering if my frost damaged grape plants will come back? Only some small leaves had started, but gut feeling is yes, but I am not sure?????? :fl

Thanks, I think the taters will come back, it happened to me before, several times. One time they came back, the other they didn't.

I hope all of you are having a great day!!!!!!

Latest posts