Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
hey Jay, just wanted to let you know that Chad fixed spaghetti last night (I was culling toys from the toy box....took me 2 hours, ugh) and he wants the recipe for your sauce! He wanted me to ask what kind of tomatoes you used too cause we have planted romas. Thanks again, darlin', dinner was wonderful!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I will say this will go over like a leaded ballon, but my God has a plan just like your does.

I love the Earth that God has provided for us. He made it in six days, and he gave it to us to keep.

We have not done a good job, instead, we just abuse it like we don't care.

This Rider Church member was going on about attending church, who was there, who he knows, and bragging up how he has been a member for the last 7 years at said church. As he fired up a cigarette, and started with the judging of another customer, pulled the book out to inspect my ride.

My truck was inspected for 3 hours, pulled apart, to the .0001 of an inch, and still he couldn't find any fault with it.

However, he said in front of me, without any tac, "thats a members car, they will come here if they have a problem with it and it looks okay to clear the inspection" to his son.

What, you go to church every weekend and in the middle of the week? So your God is better than mine because I choose to worship him in private? Now that is pious......

I honor God no less than you do, just on different terms. You will never hear a thump from me, who am I to judge you? Better yet who are you to judge me?

While most people were at church, I was giving death at war. It is what it is, now tell me how to find your god, my God has already forgiven me and I am a product of man.

How can your God prevent war, and all that it is?

Pious.....

Your God is no different from mine....

You can all ban together, go to the same church, and come out looking at each other wondering who is supporting who?

Like I said, it will go over like a leaded ballon.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hey Jay, it is your journal. You said nothing wrong. Just your own views and it does not read like a debate post.
So as far as the lead baloon thing, from here it floats just fine.

I agree with you on lots of things you said. Its people like that that make it hard on the really nice people who attend that church. Or any Church for that matter. At least I hope they are not all like the few.

On second thought, maybe its THE FEW are nice and THE MOST that are that way.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think I tend to be like you as well. I don't feel that God said we needed to be in church to praise or worship Him. I talk to him daily and what I say is between me and Him. I don't want to be a member of a church that feels that it is better than anyone else or that it's worship style is better. You are also right in that for the most part, we haven't been good caretakers of the Earth. I think that's starting to show now with all the global warming and such that is going on. Hopefully, with people being more thrifty these days they will learn that you can be respectful of the Earth as well.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I was thinking just as I pulling out, "hummmm what if the church members car really had something wrong with it, and because of that, they were killed in a accident? Would he be banned from the church?" I was glad he pulled out his Hummer inspection book, I know my truck has been looked over really well and is safe.

Personally, I got sick of his bragging up of going to church. I thought "perhaps Sundays message hit home with him, which I am sure is always a good thing". So as I strolled around the building, I couldn't help notice the oil soaked ground and the stack of motors leaking fluids all over the place.

Something on a positive note, he recycles... :) Giving the bags of mostly beer cans in trash bags which he could be picking up along side of the road, behind his shop. Maybe I wouldn't have noticed these things on the norm, I only walked out to free my head of the "going to church" conversation he wanted to have with me. Maybe it was the smoke from his cigarette that was making me ill.

He tried to start a second conversation about my tattoo. In 1989 everyone in my squad got the same tattoo in the same place, I will say it was a brotherhood kind of thing at the time. There we were, all together, Scotty had been killed about three days before, so we all did it.

He says "So you were a Ranger" me-"yes" him-"See any trigger time" me-"Did you watch the game?" As many of you know, I refuse to have any conversation about my service other than on my own terms and what I want to tell you. Its not a good topic of conversation for me, although it is a part of me now, I tend to touch on it from time to time.

Which now brings me to how I felt yesterday. I will describe it to you so you might understand.

Have you ever been dirty from dust/dirt and sweating all day working? Maybe you put in a long day, and towards the evening you wanted to finish your chores and looked forward to having a cool, clean, soapy shower?

After a intense fire fight, we had killed several combatants. I was standing in a Mosque, a place of worship, and was standing there wondering about God. All around me was nothing better than what I would say is hell on earth.

It was a moment, where I questioned myself and what I was fighting for. Often in combat, if you take a moment to think to hard, you could be killed. Same goes for if you don't think. But at that moment, just after thinking of God and man, I just wanted a cool shower. Which brings to me my feelings yesterday.

As I know he would not be the prime example of even a standard church goer, he made me feel angry. Bragging up his church going self, puffing on a cigarette, seeing the oil all over the ground, the beer cans, and his disrespectful attitude. I just wanted him to get done with what he was doing for me and go take a cool shower to rid myself of his vial crap.

Church is a great place, it brings fellowship and worship together. I see nothing wrong with it and if its your thing, I support you.

Perhaps he is a hypocrite, and perhaps he just annoyed me. Wether he is a hypocrite or not, I don't know. What I do know is that I would never go to that church or do business with him again. :sick

Jerk....:tongue

LOL..... I feel better now..... Thanks for allowing me to have my rant..... :weee

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
the-metal-peddler said:
LOL..... I feel better now..... Thanks for allowing me to have my rant..... :weee
Now that the rant is over can I ask about your taters? How they doin? And got any recent pictures of the Purrdee Pickle Factory?

Oh and an FYI - Gina changed her plans and is going to Yellowstone. She is not picking me up which means I ate all the rabbit. LOL

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Potato baskets
P1011246.jpg
P1011249.jpg

Moved the girls to a prime resort area next to the pond, hope they can eat more bugs there. Now that Wnada and Gina aren't coming, the chickens will pay me rent with eggs. :D
P1011251.jpg
P1011252.jpg

Where do big strawberrys come from? Big ole plants... Last year we harvested only 8 quarts after I caught my dog eating the red ripe ones. I ended up going to my local berry farm to put food stores up for the whole winter. The last jar of jam was opened last week.
P1011263.jpg

General garden photos
P1011255.jpg
P1011257.jpg

P1011250.jpg
P1011259.jpg

I built a Rhubarb box last weekend and found some new plants locally.
P1011258.jpg

Here is a picture of my garden pad, showing this to pass on my idea. It is part of a Army sleeping pad that I found at a garage sale last year for $2, I purchased 2. These are great for summer, wet weather and cold camping. I also made myself, DW, DD and DS all knee pads for the garden. Sometimes while working in the garden, I will take a break and sit on it, hence its size. If DW isn't helping me in the garden I'll pinch hers to flip-flop them while moving down a row. As you can see, I just ran over as it stays in the garden. I forgot to put a rock on it and the wind blew it to the side. It doesn't absorb water either.

P1011260.jpg

I added a solar heater to my pool this year, I built one last year but it wasn't big enough, it helped so I added another one.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Where has G been anyway Wanda? I haven't seen her post in a while. I went to Slaters today, local meat/butcher, their meat is local and is very good. I picked-up 50lbs ground chuck for $1.69 a lb, a slab of raw side pork so I can brine and cure it myself, 40 lbs of chicken breast for $1.89 a pound. I know I am biased, but I think I smoke some of the best bacon I have ever tasted. It is my uncles recipe, but I use my own sortment of hard woods to smoke it. In a few days I will share a pic of my bacon, cheap too.

So I asked them about getting in some rabbit, gave me a number to call this gal down in Harrisville. Then he told me to wait, he slapped a styrofoam plate layered with frogs legs on the counter. I passed as I have never tried them.

Any good? Recipe idea?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Oooooooooooh, your garden looks great. I really need to post a pic of my one and only tater basket.

The chickens look happy in the resort area. Aw shucks, you found a rabbit supplier. Oh well so much for next years bribe. LOL

Its been a few days and I can't remember where it was that Gina told me she was going to Yellowstone. It might have been in my journal since that seems to be the last place I ever visit. LOL Now I will have to go look and see exactly when that was.

Recipes for rabbit? Gee, I use any chicken recipe. Rabbit and dumplings, baked, bbq'ed (my personal favorite), fried.

When I bbq my rabbit I boil it first - pull it off the bone and shred it, then put a whole bunch of bbq sauce on it and spread out on a cookie sheet, place in the oven just long enough to get it good and hot, serve on buns with all the side dishes that go with good bbq.
(I ususally reserve this for tough old rabbits.) Young and tender usually get fried. I am from the south you know. Everything is fried down here. Including our brains. :gig

Edited to add: I did a search on Gina. She posted somewhere today but not sure where. You can go to the user list at the top of the page. Type in her screen name and then at the bottom of that page it will show you when she posted last. You can also click on "show all post" from that same page but it takes a while to sort through and find the latest one.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
"Now that Wanda and Gina aren't coming, the chickens will pay me rent with eggs."

Now your talking my language. I didn't know you would take eggs as rent. I have tons of eggs. :p

I'm around. I had a full weekend puttering around in the garden. I did some canning, mushy carrots, mushy green beans and some black beans. I did some sewing, relaxing for me.

Our weather has been cool and foggy with some drizzle so it's kinda lay low weather.

We have decided to take a road trip to Yellowstone. Going to camp outside the west gate. Do some trout fishing. Not that I have ever cooked trout before but I'll figure it out.
So that involves a bunch of planning and prepping for mom. Clothes for all, supplies, menu, shopping. I am taking my dutch oven and tripod so I want to create a menu that allows me to cook outside most of the time. I saw a 15in cast iron pan at walmart last week. I wish I needed it. But I have a 12 that will do just fine.

I am going to have a friend keep an eye on my garden. We will be gone for 10 days. I don't think she can kill it that fast. I tempted her by telling her she could have some veggies. I am worried though. It's like leaving a child with someone who has never had kids. Makes me nervous.

Speaking of gardens, Jay yours is looking great. Everything is coming up nicely. I can't seem to keep my potatoes covered. They are growing way to fast.

The hens seem to be enjoying the tractor. I need to build something for my girls. They have been confined in their 8 x 30 foot run since the coyote incident last week. I need to pull the fence and rotate it to another area.

The kids get out of school next week and my little one got out last Friday. No more quiet time.

I am around and keeping up with you all. So I read you have a secret spaghetti sauce recipe?? Do you plan to share?

Have a great day, Gina

Gosh I feel so wanted around here. I never have anyone wonder where I am. Unless they need me to feed them, wipe their nose etc...

Latest posts