JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, I have been trying to keep the grass from mowing....and save it to help with winter feed. This is how I am drying it, in the barn. I have plenty screening...and I can roll the screen back up and store it on the shelf when I am finished using it. It takes about 1 day for it to dry. :)

99_grass_drying.jpg

It might not be a perfect set up..but it works, and its FREE! ;)

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is a great set up for drying that grass! Good planning... We have an old 1960's Ford tractor. I really don't know how we ever lived without one! Love reading about your productive, farming days!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, first let me say, I love my FIL. He is smart, and like minded to me. Very cautious of our government. So, being he is computer savvy....he searches..and finds. This is the latest info he sent me... Smart Meters. I , like I am sure many Americans, had NO idea!!!
This makes me madder than a wet hen...I am going out now to check mine...as I think you all should do.

http://goldsilver.com/video/smart-meters/

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I tried to open your link with my smart phone and a security warning on the site came up.

So I couldn't see.

What was it???
:idunno

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I got the link via Firefox with no problem. It is worth seeing. It is about our electric meters being used as surveillance equipment.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our city recently installed them. I don't necessarily like it, but I don't care enough about it for it to bother me. Nobody cares if I turned on a lamp.

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Every spring when I turn on the grow lamps for the tomato seedlings, I expect a raid! So far, so good.... Big Brother is certainly watching our every move!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lady Henevere said:
Our city recently installed them. I don't necessarily like it, but I don't care enough about it for it to bother me. Nobody cares if I turned on a lamp.
It is not just , when you turn on a lamp. It is also when you DONT turn things on, at your "normal" times. This lets them know you are away...vacationing maybe? Good time for a robbery? Either way....I don't like big brother watching me at all!!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Unfortunately this comes under the heading of "if you don't want our smart meter, then you don't get our electricity". There are few choices for electricity unless you are clever and single like Sunsaver and can run your house off the grid. :(