JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Oooooooo....I wanna come!!! That sounds fabulous! :thumbsup
Well, come on out! I am sure the kiddo's would have a good time....I mean, a bouncy house!!! :p

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
09:30....what I have accomplished....so far. Drug 300ft of water hose to the barn, cleaned and filled the 3 water troughs,and 2 inside buckets, fed 3 sets of piggies...( had to separate the males and females) fed the sheep, and goats, milked....then drug the same water hose to the other side of the farm, cleaned and filled 4 duck pools, filled 12 feeders and water's for the poultry...fed and watered the cats and dogs.... and I am now resting to have my second cup of coffee. After this, I will go wrap up the hoses.....finish cleaning the kitchen, and get a shower....I have someone coming out today at noon, to purchase the tractor tires! Woohoo!! $400!!! I am going to restock the pantry of items we will need for winter....coffee, TP spices, sugar, flour....and get extra feed for the animals. After all that, we are headed to Ohio, to visit with my FIL for a few hours. Busy, busy day...but the weather is GREAT!
I was able tog et the small pumpkin's/gourds for the kiddos to paint. I still need to get some cheap paints from wally world. :rolleyes: I have a few old white sheets...I am going to paint for decorations...and I need to make a few scare crows yet...to put out there for the celebration. I really need to get these gardens put to rest for winter...soon. I am still picking a few green beans and tomato's so I am waiting as long as I can on that.
Thats about it for me for today.....I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:th

I don't have the beautiful weather...I will use that as an excuse for me not accomplishing anything yet. :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok, I have been working on the fall celebration, and cheap decorations. Since pumpkins are going for 0ver $2 each, and we will need about 20...I decided to "make" some. We have a large stack of veneer sheets. They are about 2 ft x 3 ft. I took a few and cut out circles....and I am taking the scrap pieces of pine planks we have from tearing apart the crates we got for free, and making stakes for them. I am going to paint the "pumpkins" orange, and staple the stakes to them, and stick them in the yard, in a pumpkin patch, for the kids to go " pick a pumpkin" They will all get to use black markers to "paint" faces on them. I also bought large white balloons and glow in the dark bracelets...I will put the bracelets IN the balloons, then blow them up and use a marker to put ghost faces on them, and hang them in the trees...Corn stalks tied to the trees, and wagon...and a few small gourds placed around the "party area" and thats about it for decorations. Once we get it all set up, I will be sure to get pics. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful, J! Can't wait for the pics! I don't know about you all but this is the prettiest fall I've seen in a long time....the colors are simply stunning!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, so I have been working on making the "pumpkins" for the Pumpkin patch. It took a few days....hand cutting each pumpkin, sanding them all by hand...painting..and mounting them to stakes....so here they are.

99_dsc01806.jpg

99_pumpkin_patch.jpg

The kid's will use black markers to "paint" faces on them...and I will put their names and date on the back. They can take home a memory...

I will "plant" the pumpkins in the field...so they can " pick a pumpkin":p