JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary! Friends of mine in E.Montana just celebrated their 10 year anniversary yesterday as well :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you all. We had a fairly relaxing day. We drove out to a tractor supply place, although I was not impressed with the service. We walked around for about a half hour, no one asked if they could help us. We even walked around outside where the implements were...oh well. Then we went to Gold Star Chili for lunch. It was good...but ohhhh, this morning I am paying for it! LOL For dinner we went to Frischs. That's where we met as young kids, 31 years ago. This is where we will celebrate every year, from here on out. Oh, its not "romantic" no steaks and lobster....but it means a lot to us.
Not sure what is on the agenda for today...all the firewood is stacked and ready, ( almost 15 ricks split, and another 5 ricks needs splitting) All of the grass is cut....hoping for the last time.....Now I need to plan our fall party. Hubby gave the go ahead....hay ride, bon fire...and cookout. :celebrate I need to I just need to draft a letter to all of the family members we are inviting and get it sent out. This should be fun!! We have never hosted a fall celebration...so any ideas from you all would be helpful. This is what I have so far....
a hay ride, before dark, we do not have lights on the 8N. :/
Followed by hot dogs, chips, beans... ???
Bon Fire with smores, hot chocolate, and of course coffee! LOL
We have several LARGE cut logs we are planning to put around the fire for seats...ok, what else!??
I am off to draft our letter.....

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If it's going to be a family gathering, maybe tell everybody to bring their best "stories" of the family. Fun times that others may have forgotten (past family picnics, weddings, etc.). I know with my family, every Thanksgiving we talk about the past parties we've had as a family. You sit and remember back at all the fun times you've had and remember some times you've forgotten. Not sure when you've having said party, but maybe pumpkins to carve? Have everybody bring their favorite dessert and/or hourderve (can't for the life of me remember how to spell that). For family gatherings each person tends to bring a dessert or snack (not going to try to spell that word again) that means something to us. I make butter S cookies because that's what I used to make with my grandmother as a child. My brother brings hot dogs wrapped in biscuits because that was his favorite "meal" when he went to grandmother's ... stuff like that. Okay now I'm getting mushy thinking about the family and how far away I am from them all so I'll leave you with that ...

Have a great time with your family!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
How about some music? Anyone in the family play a guitar or other instruments?
Not really any more. We used to ALL play the guitar...and sing...sadly, no one does any more.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Then you need a karaoke machine with a long cord or a battery pak! Get that family singing again. It will be such fun. :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Then you need a karaoke machine with a long cord or a battery pak! Get that family singing again. It will be such fun. :D
Oh, we will have music of some sort....can't say everyone will enjoy all the hollering and howling! LOL

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Thank you all. We had a fairly relaxing day. We drove out to a tractor supply place, although I was not impressed with the service. We walked around for about a half hour, no one asked if they could help us. We even walked around outside where the implements were...oh well. Then we went to Gold Star Chili for lunch. It was good...but ohhhh, this morning I am paying for it! LOL For dinner we went to Frischs. That's where we met as young kids, 31 years ago. This is where we will celebrate every year, from here on out. Oh, its not "romantic" no steaks and lobster....but it means a lot to us.
Not sure what is on the agenda for today...all the firewood is stacked and ready, ( almost 15 ricks split, and another 5 ricks needs splitting) All of the grass is cut....hoping for the last time.....Now I need to plan our fall party. Hubby gave the go ahead....hay ride, bon fire...and cookout. :celebrate I need to I just need to draft a letter to all of the family members we are inviting and get it sent out. This should be fun!! We have never hosted a fall celebration...so any ideas from you all would be helpful. This is what I have so far....
a hay ride, before dark, we do not have lights on the 8N. :/
Followed by hot dogs, chips, beans... ???
Bon Fire with smores, hot chocolate, and of course coffee! LOL
We have several LARGE cut logs we are planning to put around the fire for seats...ok, what else!??
I am off to draft our letter.....
Sounds great!

Happy Anniversary!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hubby and I took the tractor out for a ride, to map out the hay ride....we found a beautiful back road, it is even paved! It is tree lined, and completely canvased in tree branches. There is a big place to turn around, right about at 15 minutes out. So, the whole ride should be about 30 minutes. After the hay ride, ( at 4 pm) we will have "dinner" hot dogs, chips, cookies, pumpkin bread....then paint pumpkins. There will be a bouncy house, thank you to my sister....and then a bon fire with smores and hot chocolate. I think we will be able to pull this off....I hope. Now I have to scour the corn fields, for decorations! LOL