JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
kcsunshine said:
It started raining yesterday here - rained off and on all night and still raining today. Anyone got a good ark for sale? I opened up the chicken run and let them out into their tractor. They're sloshing around in the mud hunting worms. Crazy birds!
I'm about ready to look for an ark myself! We had rain 3 days last week. It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon. Then it's supposed to rain Tuesday and Wednesday next week. I'd cry, but that would just add to the mud. :/

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I know all about the rain, we are under a flood watch here. Thankfully we are high enough, and far enough away we wont get that....but we have puddles everywhere!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The snow is really coming down out there. However, it is so wet from all the rain, it isn't sticking. THIS kind of snow.....I LIKE!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my snow here...it is snowing all around us. and I mean everywhere all the way around within 15 miles...but not here. They canceled the school buses this morning and everything. I am waiting! LOL!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm glad it's too warm to snow! It's raining right now. You guys can keep the snow!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I love the snow...it's the minus 40 degree days that I have a probem with. Thank goodness we only get about two weeks of those here...it gets too cold to even breath outside. but snow is so clean and sparkly and beautiful! And it brightens up the dark days of winter You can keep your rain...and all the mud that comes with it LOL!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One news station says... 2 to 4 inches....the other says...no snow....then another report says 4 to 6 inches....who knows?? All I know is that its snowing now...and NOW its sticking..I better get to the barn and get my chores done.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
If it's the same system that just left here this morning, you can look for about 3 inches, maybe more. We got lucky and it melted as fast as it fell, but had an inch and a half to two inches accumulated on the car this morning. It was a really wet snow here too.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, 40 minutes. I think I did well, considering the cold. :)
Everyone is locked in, fresh straw/bedding, plenty fresh water and hay for the night...eggs gathered...and the fire is going.
As I stepped out into the first snow...I shivered..and smiled....and listened. All was hushed by the snow. Were all the animals staring in awe or disgust? Either way, all was quiet, and I smiled.
99_dsc02013.jpg

I just love the first snow...everything is so clean looking..so fresh...

I love the way the snow tickles my nose...and like a young child, I try to catch one on my tongue. I hurry to the barn, splashing through the water left from the 4 or 5 days of rain we have had....the animals are standing in the barn door, waiting on me. Once inside out of the wind, I turn to look out at such a beautiful sight. Oh, I know, in a few more weeks I might be cussing the snow...but for now, I love the first snow.
99_dsc02012.jpg

My fingers are freezing as I try to open the gates, and dip water for the stalls...they sting, but I have to admit, I am enjoying this.
Back to the house I let the dogs out for their first snow of the year. This is Muncher. ( Sir Munch A lot) He LOVES the snow. He burrys his face in what little snow we do have...then using his nose like a plow, he runs along the deck....scooping snow on top of his nose. Silly dog.
99_dsc02017.jpg

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, Wonderful! Love the pics. It is finally snowing here too, hard! Awesome! We are supposed to get about a foot of it between now and tmo night...same storm track as you all according to the radar. That is a huge storm!