Never sunburn again

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Javamama said:
Ummm, you do not use it as a sunscreen per say
You need to find out what is going on chemically in your body that is the starting point, with the sun being the trigger.
Well, I didn't figure it would work, but I have seen it mentioned over and over on various sites so I tried it. ;) My skin needed the treatment anyway.

I have eliminated so many things already (chemical andlotions and such) and improved my health quite a bit, so that's why I'm a little confused about why I'm suddenly having this photosensitivity. My seasonal allergies are all but gone. I'm stopping all supplements for a while to see what happens.
The only thing I'm doing differently from last fall is that I'm eating more veggies and fats. Good grief, I don't get my body!
Sometimes supps have an additive in them that can cause trouble.
The Adrenal Refresh I have, has a binder in it, that causes a friend of mine to react badly.
WHo knows. Could be you are detoxing something.

Speaking of.....you could try that salt and vinegar baths to help detox for awhile.
Water as hot as you can stand. 3 cups of real salt and 1-2 cups od cider vinegar.
Soak for 45 minutes is you can.
As soon as you get out, jump into bed with lots of covers to help you sweat more.
Stay hydrated while doing it though :)

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a silly question, will your skin exude the smell when you sweat like garlic will etc?? I sweat a lot because I work outside a lot, would that be an issue? I have the fairest of fair skin this may be a good supplement for me to start taking!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
I have a silly question, will your skin exude the smell when you sweat like garlic will etc?? I sweat a lot because I work outside a lot, would that be an issue? I have the fairest of fair skin this may be a good supplement for me to start taking!
No, the fclo does not make you smell like fish.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Javamama said:
Now this is very timely info for me - what about the CLO makes it effective? I was thinking the Vitamin D?
Also - if anyone has a clue as to why this might be happening to me - I usually do not burn, nor tan very well. In summer I can literally be out for hours and get nothing. But this year so far the last 2 sunny days I have gotten an itchy rash on all areas exposed to sun. No burning, just tiny raised itchy bumps. It's making me crazy! Like I've become allergic to the sun. Maybe CLO would help? I take Vitamin D already, eat lots of veggies and healthy fats. It's weird :hu
Maybe you're experiencing prickly heat? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliaria

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Detox would be great!
Hopefully I just got too much sun at once and it set off a reaction which I then compounded by going out again. Guess I'll keep covered until it's completely clear and then work up to more time in the sun. After all, my bare skin hasn't seen much sunlight since October :p

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lady Henevere, that is a cool link.
I have gotten that sun rash thing before, but I didn't know what it was.

Prickly heat is a pretty hilarious name, though.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mine looks exactly like prickly heat (aka photosensitivity?) Not sure if it's the same thing and I'm too tired to figure it out right now.

I was wondering about the fish odor too :D I'm on the fence about it. The benefits would probably be great, but I don't want to become dependent on anything else.

So people used to eat cod livers? (again, I'm tired - talk to me like I'm a kid)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Ok...so I did not burn after 1 hour in the sun. I DID burn after 5+ hours! LOL

But I am almost healed already, I didn't blister, and my herb garden is weeded and planted. So there! :p

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm feeling rather slow about all this filling capsules stuff. I think I need a visual Do they come collapsed and they expand as you fill with the syringe? Or do you have to remove the air with the syringe first. Do the holes self seal? Do they leak? How much does a box/bottle of gel caps cost? So many questions...

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
BirdBrain said:
I'm feeling rather slow about all this filling capsules stuff. I think I need a visual Do they come collapsed and they expand as you fill with the syringe? Or do you have to remove the air with the syringe first. Do the holes self seal? Do they leak? How much does a box/bottle of gel caps cost? So many questions...
I will give you a visual later on today.
I buy the capsules at our local herb store. I think there were 750 of them for $15.
They are two piece capsules. The very same product the herb companies use.
You just pop the top off, and fill the bottom half. Stick the top back on, and your done.