flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm pretty close to Redding California and we're still getting the rain fall. It's supposed to clear up in the next few days but it's just what we need in Northern California due to the drought we've been getting. I'm hoping all the rain will help my garden do better than last year.

those reservoir levels are sure coming up! it's a big help for later this summer (with all the frozen stuff going to the snow pack)... i normally check out the water levels and snow levels just to see what's going on:

wow, some big short term gains there (they'll have to release some of it to keep their flood control capacity available for just this sort of reason that these storms have come along). SHA and ORO both are major players in the state water project that ships water south.

snow pack also took a nice bump up:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Shasta on my next trip down! Gonna be maybe full!!!!

they ran both Shasta and Oroville right up to the tops last year. ORO actually was very close to going over the emergency spillway again but it didn't. there was debris from the water sitting right on top of the retaining wall the next day and for some time after.

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was living in Angels Camp when that spill way had to be rebuilt. It was quite the project!
My parents had to evacuate their house because of the spillway damage. We have a lot of people in the area that had to do the same thing. I was so out of my mind for about 3 days.

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is Wally.
IMG_20240204_220428.jpg