NH Homesteader's journal

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So I am on the waiting list and will get a call when kids hit the ground in March or April! They were just starting their waiting list so hope I am able to get one! :fl The breeder told me what I've noticed, that there are "Pygmies" everywhere but most of them are not true pure Pygmies. Most of what I've seen advertised as Pygmies are actually Nigies or crosses.

I had a brief passing thought of... Well if I find a nubian doe I could make some kinders. Ahhhh goat math!

Warm here today, might hit 45! Back to cold temps this weekend. My husband caught our daughter's cold and he's whining like he has the plague. Glad he went to work so I don't have to listen to him complain. :gig Men are not tough about being sick.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Men are NOT tough, lol!

So glad you are o the list! They are right... I see lots of little goats that folks call pygmies. Sometimes I comment on it and sometimes I just keep my mouth shut. I think you should end up with a nice buck from them! And, ahem... yes you need a Nubian to complete the Kinder starter kit!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes! A kinder starter kit, lol! I see Nubians for sale around here a lot but how common is testing for that genetic... G6 whatever it is?

My husband went um.... We will be driving 3 hours to get this goat? So I told him we can go stay in Maine for a night and make a mini vacation out of it. Now he's excited lol. I don't think he quite understands how hard it is to find good goats.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I read an article a few months ago on kinders as milker and from what I deduced was that like chickens mixing breeds can make them more productive and less health problems. I can't say where it was but it made sense to a non-expert on everything goats (lol).

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol. It's the same with dogs. Mutts generally have fewer problems than purebreds. My mini alpines are much hardier and easier to keep than my Nigerians. So I'm not all about purebred anything really.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am majorly slacking at keeping this journal going... Lol.

Anyone want to tell me what all the drama is about journals anyway? I kind of feel like there's a big secret lol!

I've been better at BYH-ing it lately. If I'm quiet here I'll be over there :)

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like everyone's journals. It's interesting that I like the same people on the sister sites.