Ohiofarmgirl'sAdventuresinTheGoodLand-where ya been? whatcha been doin

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You Ohio people sent me some of your weather. We did need it, but it looks like I managed to set the quail feeder under the one hole in the roof of their pen :barnie. At least it wasn't totally full :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yeah i KNOW java! we are out there busting it trying to get done before it starts pounding us. our grass is still to wet it squishes. so super. more rain. ugh!

KC - i'm gonna laugh about that all day! you have no idea how long i've wanted to put a superhero cape on OD

* OFG runs off to find a box to send Zilla some rain *

;-)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
We had tornado warnings yesterday, huge hail, and it's still only 54 out.

HUGE hail. Anyone with outdoor gardens in Denver got pummeled.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Intergalactic guinea war :lol:

While you're packing that rain for Zilla, send me some too. Lots of threatening clouds and cooling breezes, but no stinking rain... BOO!

I've got a huge sack of cukes from my mom, mine never did take off. *packs up a dozen cukes for OFG*

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
so i think i have brain damage. i'm not kidding. wow.

yesterday i walked into the goat yard and Dahlia (debbies' doeling) tried to jump up on me so i stepped back.... and right into the electric fence.

i feel like i got caned.

i have a mark on my arm, a burn on my leg, and since one of the lines is right at the base of my spine... my leg was tingly all the way down to my toes. and i had headache for the rest of the day. i think i killed a chakra or something.

so i went limping into the house and announced i had been electrocuted and probably had brain damage only to hear...... "how are we gonna know?!?!!"

oh ha ha ha

but i guess the good news is that the fence works. any how.

we had more storms so i got run into the house - and since i'm now electrically charged and my ions are probably reversed - i figure i'm more of a target for lightening strikes.

but it all worked out b/c i cooked for the rest of the afternoon. i roasted one of the chickens we dressed last week - it was A-maz-ING...and ate it with polenta and salad (that the geese didnt eat). and i made a 3 duck egg custard.

so i'm happy to report that i lived.

in other news.... here's more hijinks. i'm not sure if i shared this with you guys are not - but this was from a couple years ago. we are getting ready to move the pigs. the good neighbor kids are gonna help and i was thinking about this misadventure:

http://adventuresinthegoodland.blogspot.com/2011/06/operation-ham-in-can-or-how-jake-saved.html

its called Operation Ham in a Can - or How Jake Saved Our Bacon.

i love that kid. sure all the focus is on the older sister who is working to complete her requirements so she can sign on the dotted line and get into the airforce... but Jake is good people. we had a guest speaker at church one time - the Prez of a local small college. i leaned over to TBM and said, "thats gonna be Jake one day." of all the neighbor kids i think Jake will be the most successful - he's got that likability factor that you cant fake.

anyway thats the word. hot and swampy here today so me and the dogs are gonna get two it. we started a bunch of trays of seedlings yesterday and are going to do more.

happy tuesday!
:)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
: shoves a light bulb in OFG s mouth to see if lights up :

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
: shoves a light bulb in OFG s mouth to see if lights up :
* light bulb blinks on and off.... OFG's eye twitches *

NCL - you have no idea how long i've wanted to put a superhero cape on OD!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh man you are twitching? :p :lol:

my electric fence for my horses was never drop dead killer....I survived those.

my friend Barb with the dairy farm....OMG! her electric fence brings you to your knees, then you pee your drawers, roll into a ball, and faint....LOL

She always said, don't hit that fence, it'll knock ya down!!! and yup, stupid me hit her fence and I damn near died. the charge was unreal...lol
I lived, but GEEZ---am I slightly brain damaged now also? duh, I don't think so, I am one smart gal...right, wait, who am I?

:lol: