OUR BIG SELL OFF 1st MONTH

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've tried to have a yard sale here b4, but don't get many people coming. That's what happens when you live on a dead end street around here. There is a place I can take the stuff, but I'd have to pack it all up, drive it there, unpack it, then pack up anything that doesn't sell. So, I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. If I can figure out how to work my camera, I might list some stuff on CL.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
My DH and I did this two summers ago. One key for us was a commitment and consistency.

1. We didn't try to do everything at once. We had a goal of so many items per week.

2. The other thing that was fun is we kept a running total in a notebook. It's amazing how fast $5 & $10 can add up to $3k.

3. The final thing that really helped us was good photos, research on prices, and if something didn't sell, we'd wait a couple of weeks and RAISE the price. Sometimes things won't sell if it's too cheap. If it still didn't sell, then we'd lower the price.

Wife- that body armor panel might be considered essential and kept!

kitchwitch

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I really need to do this. The only problem is figuring out what is really "essential". I always think "oh I don't have that much stuff" but when I look around me it's EVERYWHERE and I can't bear to part with it. What type of stuff did you box up and sell, if you don't mind my asking.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd be interested in hearing what "non-essential" means too.

Of course, everyone's definition will be different...

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I have a really hard time with stuff like this. I think one day I'll possibly need it. :( I have clothes I haven't worn in 3 years and I still think maybe one day I'll wear them. :rolleyes:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I figure by the time I can fit back in to them they will be hopelessly out of style. Plus if I purge my closet I have room for new things :D

If I don't wear something for 2 years it gets donated.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I cleaned out a ton a few months back.. I do keep a lot of clothes. But I pass them through the kids and then repurpose if I can.

I am not sure how I manage to keep such a big house full. I am always getting rid of stuff. And I surely have NOT been buying.

Maybe I will go through the closet and pack up all that "maybe it will fit again" stuff. At least clear the clutter.

Sounds like spring cleaning is here!!!

g

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We cleaned out stuff and donated it to the Christian Children's Home in our area. I purged more than half my clothes. I now only have a small closet of clothes and a couple drawers.