Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
cute jammies! now all you need is a warm fire and a cup of tea. don't ever feel bad for being good to yourself. as hard as you work you deserve it. so glad the duck doing good.

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear your ducks feeling better <3
was it very hot recently? I ask because a fair amount of the symptoms sound like my rooster that passed this past summer from heat stroke... Except for the drooling and muscle shakes

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@hqueen, these are from Walmart :D $10!!!

no excessive heat...mum found some squished polk berries on the ground neer where I found here...and there was a little red color on her chest feathers that I at first thought was blood and then figured shed lay on the berries...mabe that's what she got into...no one else showed any symptoms today and shes improved enough that shes been active and "normal" (for a weird pond fearfull duck lol) and happy to be back with her sisters...she Wolfed down supper too!
I can only assume the activated charcoal and the extra water that it was in helped nutrilize and flush whatever it was out of her system...
im just happy shes up and about...though ill be watching her for awhile...just to make sure.

I also managed to get the structure of the piggy house up today...tomorrow ill cut the roof pitch and paint...then the roof supports can go on and the roof...hopefully by the end of tomorrow itll be done.
work on the fencing this weekend and out of the kitchen :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ducky is still doing good...
piggy house is painted and roof is on (its supposed to rain on the overnight so wanted to make sure that part at leas was completed.
the panel for the door is also cut out.
need a set of hinges and a latch for the door (its more so mum feels better about them being outside at night)
and the door needs painting.
and some trim to finnish it up...im very pleased with myself...its certinaly not Pro-level work...BUT its not shanty town either :D
I think once the trim is on and painted up (white on red) on both the units they will look adorable :D like tiny little barns.
im even thinking of painting a barn quilt on the door of the piggy house

speaking of piggies, the male we were supposed to be getting fell through...since it was too late the other night it turned into come get him from another location...that location happened to be about 50 miles away more and in involved additional fees in tolls (and crossing the bridge into NY...) when I said I couldn't do the extra mialge there were some not nice words...which resulted in me retorting back that I wanted to pick him up at the beginning of the week and SHES the one who said id would have to be later in the wek then suddenly she changes the pickup location AGAIN (for the 3rd time...) so were gonna keep looking, obviously he wasn't meant to be and theres an even better little guy out there waiting for me to find him.

in other critter news...ducky is still doing good and no more random downers...so YAY there...

and the goats are...well...the goats LOL!.

this weekends goals include finishing the pig house/pen, adding a door to the new goat house and starting on cleaning up the barn.
that's IF I don't crash and burn before that...I haven't stopped since the Thursday before this one just passed...from emptying out the shed to helping fix the roof to building the goat and pig houses...
I still need to do laundry, clean my room and shampoo my couch...but those things get dropped down on the list as other stuff is more important than that stuff...
I ache...a lot...and today even painting made my shoulders and hands hurt.
I hate feeling old...

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
2 buns gone home and 3 ton of fuel pellets put away...
dads debating getting started on the shed roof and I need to make a run to pit up what I need to get the pig house/pen finished so they can be moved out of the kitchen.
gonna get some extra so I can finnish the goaty boys house too, and then thatll be set and I can focus on the duck/goosey house...still not entirely sure how that's going together but we currently have 3 extra wood pallets from the pellets that I could use :)
figure get the stuff in so I can work on that tomorrow since itll be dark in 2 hours.

dinner tonight is venison steak...not sure what is going with it yet...got some cauli mash left from last night...and mabe gravy and something green...
dad got some venison from a frined to try...
and last night got his first deer, so were having some venison his frined gave us so those who haven't had any know what it tastes like...this will be interesting...mum and bro are fairly picky eaters.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Venison is yummy. My mom used to soak it in milk to get the wild taste out. But, I never did it with our own venison - I like the taste. Hope your mom and bro can appreciate it!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Venison's great! The only venison I've ever turned down was some venison jerky a uncle from swampy Florida sent our way last year

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it was a success...we had some tenderloin and a bone in steak, cooked it up medium rare with salt pepper garlic and butter, everyone seemed to enjoy, even momma!
served it with sauted kale and mashed loaded cauliflower.
YUMMY!!!

I also managed to get the fencing supplies so hoping to get the t-posts in in the morning, will be picking up hinges and wood for the trim for the piggy and goat house tomorrow when we go to town and then hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow the pig house and area will be ready.
will do the gate on the goat house on Tuesday and start on the ducky house on Wednesday.

IF my body cooperates.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
body isn't co-operating quite as much as I like...BUT the t-post for the piggy fencing are in...the door is hung on the piggy house and the trim is up.

im REALY proud of how this has turned out.
I still need some white paint to paint the trim out and finnish it up, and that square frame on the side, I want to paint that...my plan is to paint my own version of an Amish Barn Quilt in there :D

10665716_1480290755578863_4745250331926800968_n.jpg

we pointed the door of the hosue towards the wall of the main house to be able to keep some open for ventiliation while avoiding the drafts which tend to come in towards the back of the pig house...hoping itll help keep the inside warmer and prevent snow buildup in that space between the house and the piggy house.

so tomorrow the fence goes up and I need to clear the main fenceline so I can put in the lower line of electric fence in, once that's all done its just a case of bedding it down, stuffing the walls full of straw and tada, piggies have their own house :D

Latest posts