Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Awesome! It's so adorable! You did a fantastic job. I love the trim and colors. I'm sure it will work really well for them!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
even dad said it looked great...and "nothing like the shack (he) thought it would look like"
only problem is, now ive set myself up for more LOL!

gonna go work on the fence now, and mabe this afternoon get started on the ducky/goose house.
weve also got to clean the barn out while weve still got the dumpster...
im exhausted but no rest for the wicked right?!

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
piggies are gonna so happy. you did a great job! i had a friend who used an old camper top set on blocks as a duck house, wasn't pretty like your piggy pad but worked. i was always afraid that the camper top would blow away but it never did. if i used something like that the goats would use it as a trampoline till they killed it. keep going girl you got this whipped

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
*Beams*
I love it :D

I agree on the camper tops, seen a lot of people use them but I think theyd get destroyed pretty quickly...

I managed to get the fence up and the gate built today, need some hinges so I can hang the gate and then the electric needs to go up. mums talking about getting a separate small charger for the piggy pen to save us on wire to come all the way down the fenceline
but...thatll have to wait until the afternoon, or Thursday...
looks like im going to be picking up our little boy piggywig tomorrow.
its a good drive so I wont be home until almost 5...and will have to leave around 9:30 ish, gonna be a long one...but itll be fine. will have drinkage and snacks :)

the goal, finnish the pig pen tomorrow/Friday.
finnish the goat house gate and trim Friday.
Saturday I need to do the ducky house, I should be able to get that structurally done pretty quick...and sunday...im taking a day for ME to be lazy...that's if I even have enough energy TO be lazy.

every inch of me hurts right now.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Hang in there, it looks fabulous! The work is paying off!
Yay for a piggy boy!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
id like you all to meet Bentley
10702143_1481266968814575_4026623030459544743_n.jpg

he looks a lot bigger in that picture than he actually is...hes itty bitty about 2 hands full lol.
hes probably going to mature around the 20lb range given his parents sizes.
hes a little freeked out right now, hasn't been away from his mother before...and is stinky...and needs a bath (which im going to do after I get a cup of coffee in me) but hes adorable and funny and just ate a little piggy food mashed up with milk since he wasn't interested in the straight milk...he ate some, rolled in some...you know, did the pig thing.
gonna go get the heatlamp form up at the barn soon as hes a little shivery (and once I give him a bath hell need warming through obviously) and hes talking to the girls so are huge compared to him LOL!. hes crated for his safety, they can see eachother and communicate but the girls cant get to him.

the drive was long...the drive home was longer, and im exhausted, but the days not over yet...still got plenty I ned to get done today...tylanol and coffee is going to have ot see me through.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hes adorable...sister foud out how loud baby pigs can scream...I was told when I arranged to take him at this age that hed been started on the bottle...ha! yeah right I asked what kind of bottle he was used to when I picked him up and she tells me hes never been on a bottle...oh so pan then? no hes been on his mom...so...he had a hissy fit when given the bottle, he did play some with some soaked pellets earlier so ive mixed up anoher batch of very soupy milk pellet mix which he seems more interested in rolling in.
hell get hungry enough, they always do...

tomorrow hes getting a bath, he doesn't feel dirty...but hes a stinky piglet...so far bubbles and squeak have not been stinky at all...they smell like people...
and rosie and sage my 2 piggies who I got around the same age as bently never had an odor...he smells like a sour urinal...mabe the stall they were in was over-due for a cleaning. he looks good otherwise, a little dirt on his legs and nose where hes been in the mud, btu otherwise...just stale ammonia odor to him that he realy shouldn't have.

I will say though im now exhausted, and frustrated, after a long day today mum thankfully ordered Chinese food so I didn't have to cook...but I had to fix the rabbitry that todays high winds tried to remove for me...and we had to move sisters matress and box spring to the dumpster, and I had to westle a screaming baby pig, and keira stepped on my toes and the cat was crying to come in but when I pend the doog wouldn't come in...repeat 3 times before I grabbed her and tossed her in (ok I didn't actually throw her but I thought about it) needless to say between pain and exhaustion and more pain im on the verge of a mental shift...
I don't have time to loose it right now, way too much to do...I know I need to take a break, but I know if I do theres no telling when ill e physically able to get started again...
i hate my health and i hate that i feel like im doing this more alone now than i ever was in TN...but yeah...
ill survive and keep pushing through because that's all i can do. got to make sure this place is set for winter as quickly as possible...cant have ACO coming over and freeking out because criters don't have "appropriate" shelter or something.

my mood is probably not helped by the fact that my house in TN supposedly whent to auction on the 4th...haven't heard anything more, and don't have any info on the auction (couldn't even find it on any listings) but its so final...so...en of that line. it hurts...i hurt...and i think the only thing keeping me together right now is ducttape and the cute smile on a sleeping piglets face!