Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
right?! just when I think ive got things figured something else comes along and laughs at me!

things are rough mod wise right now but im trying to plod along, and yesterday a little ray of sunshine came to remind me that there are up sides to dedicating every day of your life to trapsing through critter poop...
one of the ducks left me a gift...gold wrapped in porcelain, I didn't eat it because none of my family have tried duck eggs before and I wanted to wait until we had enough (hopefully for breakfast this weekend...), but after finding a much larger one this morning (betting its the same hen) I couldn't resist, todays breakfast 1 duck egg fried with a little bit of bacon crumble and cheese on a single lice of low carb bread...
oh hello lovvies....
going low carb eggs make up a big portion of "convenient foods" so ive been dealing with store bought chicken eggs...
I almost forgot how wonderful a real fresh duck egg is. (im a yolk girl lol)
nomming that and sipping my cup of coffee and I think once its had time to settle ill go start working on the barn to make room for the buns.
weve decided they are not going in the stall but along the wall where the old unused wine making equiptment currently is...so that's all got to get moved (thus leaving he stall open for babies come spring) the bottom row will set on sincder blocks, the upper rows will be suspended from heavy duty chain (rated for 600lbs lol) and heavy duty hooks in the studs of the barn walls and heavy duty shelf brackets under for a little exra support...
im still going to use some form of gravity system for poop collection to a single point...im still not entirely sure how its going to work yet...but ill figure it out...
moving the stuff is going to suck, theres some big barrels, some large jugs, and lots of planks and cinder block...but I can use the blocks so that helps.

once I get the whole thing situated I may even look into installing a gravity fed watering system too, much easier than hauling bottles in the winter, a couple of big buckets on a gravity based system bucket heaters in, and a couple of heat lamps suspended to keep the tubing from freezing...

weve also decided one of the shelters the buns are currently under will be turned into a greenhouse. the other will go down to the bottom as a shelter for the mower.

plodding along.
hard to belive its November already!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like it should be. Feels like it should only be September.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I can't figure out what month it actually is. I suppose I should be thinking about Christmas but I haven't gotten that far either.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
glad im not the only one...

today ive been busy so far got all the wine making stuff out of the way and the boys cages and the angora cages in (the angora cages were a pain and a half lol)
the brackets for the rex bank are up, I tink ive figured out the measurement for the upper eye bolts (gonna support the front with a suspension chain form the front corners of each cage and into the studs of the barn wall)
now I just need to find the drill bit to bre drill those holes and get that part done.
then its a case of dismantling the rex cage, I think I can move it in 2 parts...I think...and get it moved into the barn and up.
the angora and the rex (and moving the wine stuff) were the big nasty heavy jobs due to them being the home made heavy duty coated wire cages...I love those cages but I hate having to move them...

once the rex are in its just a case of moving the pile of sawdust we think they kept back for bedding the stalls (or mabe for the winemaking who knows?! its incredibly fine pine dust...in what used to be burlap sacks befoe years of the mice nibbling on them lol)
the 6 30" meat doe and lop cages are going in that spot so that needs moving before I can tackle that move.
im thinking of leaving the quail cages where they are for now (they are currently housing 4 angora kits) and my tractor with my 2 last lop boys...
im hoping to save myself a job by simply selling them rather than moving them lol.
im still hoping to sell some adults too but as of yet, no solid bites just a lot of time wasters.

oh well, back to it!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Glad you got some things rearranged!
I went into the work shop Tatsuya to put some things away and found that JB had built a rabbit hutch and it had a rabbit in it, lol I was rather surprised! Pretty girl, I think it's a girl... I have no idea why he did that, lol

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yay bunny lol.

I did make a big dent, not quite finished, I still have the pile of sawdust and 6 more individual cages to move in...BUT the BIG jobs (angora and rex banks) are DONE, in buns are in and settling, and I ACHE
tomorrow ill hopefully be able to move enough to get it finished...
fingers crossed.
right now though im thinking a hot shower and my PJ's

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Such a good feeling, that. I've been known to make excuses to go into a room I've fixed up, just so I can enjoy looking at it and reconnecting with that sense of accomplishment.