Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
me too! just a little moment to stop and appreciate the hard work :D

held up overnight, cages still seem solid this morning (ill admit I was a tad worried about hanging all that weight)
buns seem quite content.

need to finnish up today, weathers not exactly cooperating with the rain in for the entire day, but theres a cold snap coming with some 20 degree nights so I def want to get everyone done before the end of today...
so...coffees drunk, time to go shovel the sawdust, gonna bag it up into some feed saks ive got laying around and set it aside for the chicken coops,
then take mum to the drs, then when I come back ill move the rest of the bunnies before bed tonight.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well, all the adult buns are moved in...
still have the lop boys in their tractor and the cage of angora kits to figure out...but all the grown buns are moved.
got most o the tray/pan/shoot system in too, ended up going for the corrugated plastic sheeting, its plastic thus moisture resistant, solid and sturdy enough that its not sagging, easy to cut and move and light weight enough its no adding anymore weight to the supports on the upper cages. and smooth! I used hooks so when it starts to get yuck I can simply unhook, rinse scrub and rehang, plus its cheap enough that if I need to replace it in a few years...I can.
got all the upper cages done and 1/2 the lowers...
need 3 more tubs for the lower meaty cages and another sheet of the plastic stuff and itll be done. unfortunately the cages arnt built to tub size lol so on some of the longer cages im having to make small shoots form 1 side to cover the rest...but that plastic is working perect for that.
plus I used some small pieces that were too small for anything else and cut them into resting mats :)

so progress :D
this afternoon ive got to go to town pick up the rest and get it finished.
dads also going to adjust the laches on the stall doors for me so I can actually secure the girls at night instead of using a plank of wood to wedge the door shut...so that should help with evening chores too.

in other news, found a pony ive fallen madly in love with
https://www.facebook.com/4766127857...6612785701401/963965626966112/?type=1&theater
Ive named her Rain, even though I know she wont be showing up magically on my doorstep,
but lookit that nice big solid wide butted girl with more slow than go and lots of flash and super model pose! lol.

a girl can dream right?!
ive got someone local willing to give me lessons...but they don't have a horse to teach me on. lol.

anywho...dreaming aside...things are plodding along despite my bodies protests...
want to try and get the inside rabbit stuff done today and mabe even get one of the car port things down the hill before dark....but well see on the latter, its already 2pm and family seem less than...motivated...
cant blame them...its COLD.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
You've made lots of progress! How you can get it all finished up quick!
This getting ready for winter stuff sucks!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sorry bout that deb...good news is she found a home..not with me...but a least she wont be pony burgers in mexico.

progress is definatly chugging along.
need to modify the poop shoots under the rex bank this week, just not quite enough of an angle to get the right "flow"
so im going to get a 2nd box which should solve the issue.

going to try and get the carport down he hill today (may have o take it apart since no ones willing to help ry to carry it in 1 piece) then I can start getting the rabbitry area tidied up, get things resituated and set it up ready for turning into a greenhouse.
also need to get the electric fence sorted around the pool to keep miss gypsy of the pool cover.
otherwise, not much planned for the day, its supposed to be a nice one...
and since ive got o go into town tomorrow or a drs apt, might as well try to use today for useful things.

hqueen13

Reaction score
Is not going to be nice for too much longer I'm afraid..... hope you got lots done!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know...im dreading the cold front, supposed to have 40s for the next 2 weeks or so :/
im not ready for winter.
and todays weather is so...blah...its 55 right now but its misty and rainy and just not condusive to wanting to do ANYTHING lol.

good news is 2 angora boys whent home yesterday, have another angoroa kit (girl I wanted ot keep but don't have space for) going this afternoon...
still need to send the 2 lop boys and some adults home, but getting there on that front...
right now ive got 6 rex, 4 angora, 3 meaties and 4 lops as "keepers" in the barn, and 2 young angora (1 going home) and 2 young lops still out in the old rabbit (soon greenhouse)
im thinking i REALY need to cut back 1 of the meaties, 2 of the angora does and 1 of the lop does minimum...that's my goal. ill keep a trio of angora, a lop doe or 2 for my lop x rex breeding and 2 meaties or obvious reasons...and just focus more on my rex.

anywho...

not much going on right now...need to get my butt up to the barn and start cleaning, got a bunch of trash that neds to go downfor pickup, and some general sorting to do. weve got a fridge freeer we want to put in the tack room (meds, colostum storage extra meat or chilling ect) so ive got to get in there organized too.
think im going to go work on that...

hqueen13

Reaction score
Hope you get lots done! It's humid and warm and breezy here today. That's going to make the temp change all that much worse!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
quite happy with my progress,
got the barn cleaned up, rearranged the tackroom to make space for the fridge/freezer (and my microwave), picked fluffed and added straw to the goat stall and the boys house and started moving more brush out of the boys pen.

the ped for the bun going home this afternoon is also written out and done, next need to get her food prepped and clip her nails, make sure shes all ready.
then ill probably add some straw to the piggy house before heading out with the bun.

hoping to be back with enough time to move some more brush before it gets dark, but if not at least I got a lot checked off the list :)
my body however is not as happy with me as my brain is lol