Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well more tape picked up, and found a great deal on some foam core insultion :)
so other than odering the white tarp and getting a couple more pieces of lattice for the front....its ready.
gonna order the tarp tonight, and hopefully start moving buns in tomorrow :D
gonna see if dad will take me in the truck to get the lattice too and then I can realy consider the structure done!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got another bun going home today...have a couple other emails, so fingers crossed on the final baby too!
not warm this morning but not wholey unpleasant either so I think im going to try and work on the great bunny migration later today, ive got some tarps I can use temporarily for the end until the white tarps arrive if I need to.
still debating on which ob I want to do first but I think moving the single cages is the best choice, would give me more room in the barn to dismantle the home made cages for the move and if I can get all them done today, tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and I can ust focus the whole day on moving the large bank. it needs to be doe before Tuesday though so I can get my does due to nest in an settled.

so yeah...doing ok. keeping busy I think is staving off the "holy crap" storm from momma.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep-busy is good! Sounds like you're making tons of progress. Would love to see pics when you get it all done. :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I did it! all the bunnies moved!
ive got the large growout cage to move down still, but...the major stuff is moved.
doesn't look like anything fancy yet...
still need the remainding lattice and the white tarps for the front, and to tidy up in there

11102926_10206676445852810_4424723280120904628_n.jpg

11100230_10206676464533277_2117565833529388871_n.jpg

please excuse the mess, need to scrub down the angora cages (they were the lower level of the double stack and obviously the pans wernt catching everything...its not rust, ust urine build up...)

I want 3 more 30" cages for the right hand wall and am thinking of possible building 2 24x48" cages to sit on the upper level on the left (next to the 24 x 24's) with pans as additional growout cages. ive got about 10ft to play with there if I need it. but right now a couple more 30" cages will give me the extra room I need to move everyone around and get my 2 rex into more apropriatly sized cages.

...Im thinking of putting pans on the ground under the cages drilling holes in them so the urine can drain but the poop remains and bagging up the poop to sell...but ill get to that.
and I still want to instal a centralized circulating water system that can be heated in the winter. Im thinking of doing it with PVC pipe and inline heat cord so that the warmth would be as close to the nipples as possible...
im probably going to move the quail cages to that area behind the blue tarps and fashion a small covered area for them, but im not sur eon that part yet.

heavens my body aches today.
but I feel pretty dang accomplished, I did it ALL myself, no help from no one...
the buns are MUCH happier!

I think im going to grow sweet autumn clematis up and over it...its a group 3 vine so its super fast growing BUT you cut it to the ground at the end of the season...ill also probably put sunflowers in that bed, nice and tall to shade and compeltly edible for the buns :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20ft long and 10ft wide :D
I was using 2 of them for the same amount of cages so wasn't sure id be able to figure out a good layout to fit everything in 1 but this is actually perfect.
doing bunny chores this morning and this evening was a lot easier, walked down the center isle grabed what I needed form each side...and done.
the center isle is about 4 ft wide so perfect width for my wheelbarrow too when it time to clean out, wheel it in one end along the aisle and out the other. :)

im still undecided on if the angora are staying or leaving...we'll see after this next round of babies.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
7 new babies in the rabbitry today...
After such a hard winter im tentitivyly optimistic, nice nest, fur pulled, 7 wiggly nice sized kits...but shes a first timer so...I need this!
got another doe bred same day shes not nesting yet but fingers crossed, she experienced and usually great, but lost her entire last litter so im a little antsy...

Sold a dozen duck eggs today, hoping shell become a regular.
I want to sell enough to pay for their feed each month...its only a dozen eggs a week and were getting plenty.
ducks and geese followed me down for the meet and had a blast in the pond :D

and I started on mums birthday gift since were not going to get her tank in place in time for her birthday (still need to paint the room...)

9 chicken eggs in the incubator look great, 2 of the 4 goose eggs in there look good too, 2 others not sure about.
made a home made cooler incubator and have 8 set in that one too :)
right now my goal is to set anything and everything that might be fertile and hopefully sell everything (save for a couple of the currently incubating chicken eggs lol) hoping to set back cash for feed for them all.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the babbits! Let us know how the home made incubator works... interested in hearing about that.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
wow, pinkfox the bunny cages look great. i see you like zip ties as much as i do. i couldn't live without them. i go to the thrift stores and buy big plastic totes to put under my bunny cages and catch pee, poo and hay then use it on my gardens. selling it would be a good idea.