Raw Honey

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
All I have to say is YUMMY!!!! First time I have tried it. Put it on some wheat crackers and it is like heaven!!!!!!! :weee

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I so agree!!!!!!!!!! I used to hate honey... I had only tried to junk from the grocery store... (found out they feed the bees corn syrup so the honey they store up has corn syrup in it... the company doesn't have to state that as an ingredient since they don't put it in the bees do!!!) anyhow who wants to eat boiled corn syrup no wonder I didn't like honey...

then about 2 years ago my Sis-in-law took me to a Mennonite store where they sold REAL Raw honey and I fell in love with it! :drool

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I trade eggs for fresh honey with some friends of ours.... :drool

Just a drop or two is all I need in my tea on cold winter afternoons.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mmmmm! i just got a quart of it the other day. I wish I could've held out until spring when the farmer's markets are in full swing and buy local but couldn't wait.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yea I was wanting to have a hive or two before but now I REALLY want to! I also got mine from a health food store so I paid way too much for it but it's awesome and will last us awhile. Can't wait till the farmers market so I can stock up until I can (hopefully) get my own hives going!

It's amazing how good REAL food is!!!!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would love to have some hives too! A friend of mine had a few hives that recently got ransacked by a bear. Not sure if I want any bears hangin' around. I seen one a few miles down the road the other night so I know they're around.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
You can't beat local honey..I have a few hives, have had bees going on five yrs.
I don't sell honey,but give to family members that like it.I like stashing it away for a rainy day...lol It last forever, when it crytilizes, just put it in very warm water to return.The nice thing about local honey is its raw, it has all the good stuff in it.I don't even filter mine, so it has the pollen, propolis and some wax cappings.
A woman i know who had a surgery wound that won't heal,had success with healing using small amounts of my honey as a wound dressing.The doctors gave her everything under the sun, the wound would not heal completely.
All natural, raw honey is amazing stuff.
I'm starting over again this early April, with 4 packages of new honeybees, mine all just died last month.I started with honeybees because they all disappeared from my yard/garden, and i wanted them back.I never really got large amounts of honey from my bees, but it was more than enough.I'll be up and running again this spring, gotta have my honeybees around...!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
If the health food store got the honey locally, find out who the supplie/beek is and contact him/her. I'm sure they would more than willingly sell to you for a cheaper price.

Latest posts