score. free plants.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That sounds like a good score! Let us know what you got.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, how are they doing today, CJ. Think they will make it through the shock?

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very true Bay.

Sumi how much extra water would you recommend? I've read that raspberries normally like an inch to 3 inches a week. How much more should I be giving them right now?

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So, how are they doing today, CJ. Think they will make it through the shock?

I hope so. Its been just 24 hours since I moved them so time will tell. They looked ok this morning. Just got home Will go check everything when I'm done in the house.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Send me some. Well yeah. I could live off of them.

I want to do a straight raspberry wine grown here to save. No sugar no extras. Just raspberry. But it takes a LOT of them.

So. I'm out back weeding the garden. And they aren't looking good. The leaves on the northern facing side are dropping and the green stems are like burnt rubber. Bendy but brittle. But the short stems are robust and the leaves on the south eastern sides of the plants are green and happy.

I'm thinking that they might due back but survive if nutured. Won't produce this year. But maybe in a year or two. Unless one of you fruit gurus can help me nurse them back to producing.

Oh yeah. And I propped up that thick lattice work ya saw in the pic behind them. Maybe I'm an idiot but I thought maybe having the weight of the pant more held toward center would help them from dropping and take root.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Right now they have to establish their root system and get over the shock of transplanting. You can make your own root stimulator with willow. Clip the ends of willow branches, the green tips. Strip the leaves and cut in small pieces, soak for 3 days in a cool place. Then dilute and water the raspberries with it. You can also use the solution to root cuttings.