score. free plants.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Have no easy access to willow.

Two of the plants are doing very poorly. One is great. I was thinking about cutting the two back like was mentioned earlier. Not a botanist or anything. But I was thinking that cutting them back to stems would force the plant to focus on roots instead of devoting Entergy into saving unsaceabke branches and leaves. Or is that something that will naturally happen after the rest dies? Cause the other two are really bad off.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How far back should I cut them?

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok. There aren't any leaves that low. Living or dead. I'll prune them after I go shopping.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just hope they'll come back for you. I'm rooting for them/you because I've never been able to grow them here. Blackberries, yes! Raspberries :(:barnie:he not so much.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need all the hopes I can get.

There was a patch of wild raspberries on the southern facing side of the treeline. But they cut all that down to make it look better to buyers. :( wish they hadn't of done that.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:fl they'll come back for you!

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm sure they eventually will. But I was hoping to have some this year. Oh well.

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ohhhhh.

Someday. Some,,,,day. I'll be set up like that. I want to do a pure raspberry wine. No sugar. No extras. Just raspberry and yeast. But it'll take like fifteen pounds of them.

But the fruit perishes so dang fast. The natural yeasts start to ferment the fruit almost as soon as you pick them.