Sheep milk info~Just a little FYI :)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I wonder how much a Jacob ewe produces? I have one in milk right out in the yard. **laughing evilly and looking out the window at an unsuspecting sheep**

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
http://www.smallstock.info/issues/sheepmilk.htm

BTW, I tasted raw goat milk today and it was fantastic! No goatie taste at all. I was pleasantly shocked. :) I've been told you 'get used to' it's taste, however to me, it tasted just like the raw cow's milk I get.
LOL When my son was in Future Farmers he got teased for drinking goats milk. He was told it was too "goatie" and he would reply that is was better than their "cowie" stuff. Good, clean, fresh milk is tasty regardless of the source.

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We tried milking one of my brothers Shetlands that had a pretty good sized udder. It was really sweet straight out of the udder. I bet it we had her properly cleaned up and milked with the milk chilled right away, it would have been great tasting. It was a bit sheepy straight from the udder.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
You know, the idea has crossed my mind OH ABOUT A THOUSAND TIMES since I had my first taste of that milk! No thanks to you, you seed planter you! :lol:

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Goats are the best. I can't imagine not having my girls. I HATED my brothers sheep, except for the lambs. Those were adorable. :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Here is a little water for those seeds I planted:

580_peach_pie.jpg