SSDreamin Blessings and curses

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pig girl ate solid food yesterday!!! First, she gobbled up some slightly watered down yogurt. Then, when DH got home, she ate some bread for him! :weee She even stood for a few seconds on her hind legs - pretty wobbly, and plopped down on her butt, but she is trying! DH came in from feeding her and said "You know, she is most definitely a pet now, don't you? I've only been here an hour, and there is no way I can put her down now. " :lol: He says we should keep her and try to breed her and, if the vet is right and she can't, we should just keep her around as a pet. He is such a softy!
Well, she isn't out of the woods yet, but we will probably move her to a pen in the barn tomorrow - if she keeps eating - and bring her sister in to visit.

Woohoo! The marathon of Nascar series championship races are at an end. Very disappointed that 'My Man' - Jimmie Johnson, had issues in the pits and didn't get #6, but :ya for the Michigan boy - Brad Keselowski - who got his first championship (& a check for 5.6 million :ep ) yesterday!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'm glad the piggie is doing much better, I have a soft spot for disabled animals. Roger the cross eyed cat, Duck a poor chicken I had, and the list goes on and on and on. :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad Big Pig is doing better. And, I'm hoping she'll be able to be bred.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yay big pig!!!

and that strength is defiatly somethinggood to breed into furthe generations, many animals would have just laid down and left this world, shes obviously a very strong piggy!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everybody!

Big pig girl is now eating cracked corn, along with her usual bread and yogurt :) I have *suggested* rigging up a temporary piggy wheelchair for her, so she can be more mobile until her back legs heal. DH vetoed it :/ He pointed out that, if she doesn't keep trying to use her back legs, they won't get stronger, and he said he refuses to build a wheel chair for a pig :( So, if they don't get better, I will build her a wheelchair! I guess I'm like BB, I have a soft spot for disabled animals - but I AM concerned about rigging up an apparatus for a huge pig girl come next Spring :p

DH is butchering the deer today - lots of yummy steaks, venison chunks and venison/taco rocks, coming up! :celebrate

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes - she is improving by leaps and bounds now, so I'm :fl she'll be back with her sis in no time. One things for sure, she couldn't head out to the barn quick enough - she's really stinking up the garage :lol:

BarredBuff said:
:woot on the Venison! Our beef is being slaughtered Friday :D :D
DH got a little defensive when I pointed out that, at current prices ($1.85/lb hanging weight + processing) we might've SAVED money buying a whole cow :lol: My guess is, deer camp - with three generations of men from the family - is priceless to him & worth whatever the expense :) Still, I would like getting my meat already cut up, in nice little packages :D