Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thank you all so much! Having a much better day and we had an absolutely awesome Church service this morning!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We had a good church service as well...and another God wink. I have a book called "When God Winks" and it's all about coincidence that just couldn't be called that because it was very obviously God directed and the author calls those God Winks.

My middle son and I were talking before church started and he wanted to take me out for lunch afterwards. I told him that he couldn't afford it(he's been getting very few hours at work) and, since I have been unemployed for a month, I can no longer afford to go out either. He kept insisting he wanted to take me and I again refused....just then one of the ladies came up to us and asked us if we planned on staying after church for the Thanksgiving fellowship dinner.

:)

I guess I hadn't been paying attention to church events lately, being so into packing to move and all, so it dawned on me that, yes, there was a dinner and I hadn't brought a thing. I usually don't stay if I never brought anything...that is just one of my sticking points. But today? I felt that God had sent this kind lady right in the middle of our conversation about not being able to afford to go to lunch and offered a solution....so I accepted.

I think the reason was this: I got to tell the preacher and this lady I was moving and would really miss coming to their church and she gave me her email and wanted us to stay in touch. Well, I don't normally turn down an offer like that because it so rarely happens...I think continuing a relationship with this lady and this church is something that is meant to be. I don't know why, I just feel it strongly.

I didn't used to be so attuned to when God moves in my life, at least not for the little things like this one, but I am now and know exactly Who is watching, loving and attending to my needs, even the small and trivial ones. :)

I am thankful for a loving, personal God who shows me every day that I have a real friend who cares and watches over my every move!

What are you all thankful for this holiday season?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm thankful for salvation...without it I don't think I could ever be TRULY thankful for anything else in this life.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I'm thankful for salvation...without it I don't think I could ever be TRULY thankful for anything else in this life.
Yes very true! Im thankful as well!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Speaking of answered prayer...I just got one answered a couple of minutes ago! God works in mysterious ways sometimes LOL!

I need to take the day off work tomorrow, dh needs my car cause his in the shop, I have a quilt order that I haven't had time to spend on and got really far with it today and want to stay home and get more done on it while the mood is still there...
So I was thinking about how I am going to call my boss in the morning and tell him i can't go in. I hate doing that, cause I really hate dissappointing people
So my boss just called me 5 minutes ago and told me that I don't have to go in there tmo! Thank you Lord!