twig fence

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are using what we have not to sure what kind it is, just what is around on the ground and what we have to clear off, Arbor is done will post a pick in a bit :D Keep the ideas coming

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Dawn, I think that is adorable! So different! I bet your neighbors and passersby really like it also.
Thank you, Bee! :hugs That it was all free, was great. It's a mix of hardwoods mostly and we used them fresh-off-the-trees green, so they were fairly easy to bend. The fence is up along our driveway so no one sees it from the road. ;) I hope, this year, to get some Cypress and Moonflower vines growing to cover it. :fl

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Not familiar w/cypress-except for as a tree- but that should look real pretty.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love that Dawn!!!!! I wish I could do that here but unfortunately I think the goats and horses would destroy it. They do their best on the mesh wire I have up now. I think it would look great with vines growing over it. What is cypress though other than a tree?

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love this, but have a feeling if I tried to build one it would not look as pritty. Would probibly look like a pile of sticks. Might try anyway! Lol

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's some pix and info on Cypress Vine. If anyone wants to try growing some, let me know, I've got plenty of seed. ;)

The top of the fence, where the smaller branches are hooped over, looks kind of ratty this year so the vines should hide it until I can redo it. ;)

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok Here is the Arbor for the grapes and will be the gate to the garden ,
1673_002.jpg
,[[im,
1673_001.jpg
1673_003.jpg
next will be getting the twigs for the fence :D

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nice job on the arbor, mlynd! :thumbsup

Dawn419 will it grow good in iowa?
It's an annual, so I don't see why it wouldn't grow for you, tff6. PM me your addy if you'd like some seeds. :D

Latest posts