Want to come back on this forum after almost two years!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hugs I have a son in kindergarten too; I hope your day gets better and your daughter is doing well!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about the cupcakes! It is hard sometimes to accept the way things are, isn't it? I know what you mean about being thankful to be in the USA and all, but even so.......sometimes you just have to say, "Its not easy to be me."

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, the sun has came out, I am still sad but feeling better and trying to let the positive outweigh the negative. I guess after really examing my feelings I am not that upset about the cupcakes but more about the fact that dd has missed so many normal childhood things. She has taught me so much about life and she is such a blessing but sometimes my heart just aches for her. She is not dumb and understands most of what is going on around her.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
As moms, what we want is everything to be perfect for our child. But that will never happen.

Better you teach your child how to cope with what life is really like. Every year, they need to learn harder lessons. Sad, but true. Dealing with adversity and dissapointment can make one strong. It is sad when one so young needs to learn it, though. :hugs

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
As moms, what we want is everything to be perfect for our child. But that will never happen.

Better you teach your child how to cope with what life is really like. Every year, they need to learn harder lessons. Sad, but true. Dealing with adversity and dissapointment can make one strong. It is sad when one so young needs to learn it, though. :hugs
Actually I had better learn to cope with the harder lessons of life. You will have to meet my daughter to understand her but nothing phases her. She is a beautiful little girl who is almost 7 living in a 7 year old body with the mind of about an 15 month old with the movement of maybe a 12 month old. She is my greatest teacher in life. She has taught her father, her siblings and myself true love, acceptance and understanding of all people.

Thanks for your kind words, I am moving forward. My kitchen is up back together with water and electricity. My daughter is down for a nap and I have high hopes my duck may come back. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
I am writing this down in hopes I can stop crying long enough to accomplish something. The school called and informed us youngest dd needed picked up due to a 14 minute seizure. They had administered her meds at the 5 minute mark and it wasn't stopping it. Dh went to pick her up and I am so thankfully she is okay now. However today is the last school day before Spring Break so I stayed up late last night making cupcakes so the Kindergarten class could celebrate her birthday. She comes and goes in K as she can tolerate it. The kids are very kind to her and she loves them. So now they are eating cupcakes and celebrating her birthday without her. It is such a little thing but it is just one more typical childhood thing that she is missing out on. I am not sure if it is pregnancy hormones or what but it makes me so sad she couldn't share in this. I want her to have a typical childhood as possible but being non-verbal with no hand function and very little balance makes it hard.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if my dishwasher hadn't shorted out the electricity in the kitchen and I had running water and electricity right now. Or if my new Muscovy hen hadn't somehow managed to escape and fly off.

I should be rejoicing I live in the USA, have a home, family and food to eat but instead I am sitting here having a pity party. :hit
:) Maybe you just need a big ole hug :hugs There will be time to rejoice, just not this minute, and that is okay too. There is time for everything ;) I got in a funk the other day and blew off some steam. Sometimes a good crying tantrum helps. Go ahead get down in the floor and pitch one :lol: No I don't REALLY do that, but the thought of it makes me laugh sometimes when I really FEEL like pitching a fit. ;)

Ohioann

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
savingdogs said:

Actually I had better learn to cope with the harder lessons of life. You will have to meet my daughter to understand her but nothing phases her. She is a beautiful little girl who is almost 7 living in a 7 year old body with the mind of about an 15 month old with the movement of maybe a 12 month old. She is my greatest teacher in life. She has taught her father, her siblings and myself true love, acceptance and understanding of all people.

Thanks for your kind words, I am moving forward. My kitchen is up back together with water and electricity. My daughter is down for a nap and I have high hopes my duck may come back. :)
Momma..I retired last summer after more than 40 years in the education of special needs children and adults. I want to tell you that you will never know what a blessing your daughter is and will be to those she interacts with during her education. The children with the largest physical and cognitive challenges were the ones who touched my life the most. Those children and their families or caregivers teach lessons of patience, love and looking at daily life through different lenses. Children with these types of challenges do learn and grow educationally they just do it differently than typical students and challenge us as educators to keep trying different ways of presenting materials at individual levels. Allthough she may not be able to attend as often or as long as you would like for her just remember every minute she is teaching as well as being taught.:)

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
homesteadmomma said:
I am writing this down in hopes I can stop crying long enough to accomplish something. The school called and informed us youngest dd needed picked up due to a 14 minute seizure. They had administered her meds at the 5 minute mark and it wasn't stopping it. Dh went to pick her up and I am so thankfully she is okay now. However today is the last school day before Spring Break so I stayed up late last night making cupcakes so the Kindergarten class could celebrate her birthday. She comes and goes in K as she can tolerate it. The kids are very kind to her and she loves them. So now they are eating cupcakes and celebrating her birthday without her. It is such a little thing but it is just one more typical childhood thing that she is missing out on. I am not sure if it is pregnancy hormones or what but it makes me so sad she couldn't share in this. I want her to have a typical childhood as possible but being non-verbal with no hand function and very little balance makes it hard.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if my dishwasher hadn't shorted out the electricity in the kitchen and I had running water and electricity right now. Or if my new Muscovy hen hadn't somehow managed to escape and fly off.

I should be rejoicing I live in the USA, have a home, family and food to eat but instead I am sitting here having a pity party. :hit
:) Maybe you just need a big ole hug :hugs There will be time to rejoice, just not this minute, and that is okay too. There is time for everything ;) I got in a funk the other day and blew off some steam. Sometimes a good crying tantrum helps. Go ahead get down in the floor and pitch one :lol: No I don't REALLY do that, but the thought of it makes me laugh sometimes when I really FEEL like pitching a fit. ;)
Okay this made me laugh, I can't imagine doing this but I think it would feel great!