WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
God is good! The hard part is putting our trust in Him and not in ourselves.

That's the hardest part, as it's sort of instinctive to trust in our own power. It takes practice to trust in the Lord and it needs to be practiced daily, in all the little things, so that when the big things come around and you instinctively hunker down and try to worry them out, you'll let them go instead and let God handle them. It's definitely a learning process.

It's getting easier, the Holy Spirit reminds me and nudges me when I don't remember to let it go, as I could never do it on my own. Coming from a place of extreme independence and depending upon myself for most things, it took a lot of training to get me to this point. Now I know that self sufficiency is not as powerful as God is sufficient! Still takes me a bit to remember, but I'm getting there! :weee

I keep these verses pinned by my desk to help me remember...I've tested these verses time and again and He is faithful to this promise, and peace surpassing all understanding ensues! Mom and I often sit around and marvel over the peace and then conclude that it actually DOES surpass our understanding. :D

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4: 6-9

Last edited:

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't see how people without the Lord in their lives even get out of bed in the morning! When things are to hard to bear I know God has my back. I am 'strong in the Lord and the power of His might!'

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I remember what it was like and I wouldn't go back there for all the world's riches and then some. It's scary when I think of how long it took me to come to know Him, all that while sitting in church every Sunday, thinking I knew Him when I really didn't.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Finished up the meat harvest/canning season with 6 1/2 qt. of boneless, packed meat and 6 1/2 qt. of concentrated stock from that last bunch butchered...and that's all folks!!!!
wee.gif
So, so glad to have all that done for the year.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am not canning now, but rather, using the goodies I canned!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Since I have extra jams from the last couple years, I didn't really make any this year. That way I finish off the old stuff.

I did one batch of wild Pacific crab apple jelly. I'll do more of this next year.
IMG_3788.jpg

These are super tiny fruits. 1/2 inch at the biggest.

14086212_532223126983079_8073287632947368595_o.jpg

On the tree if you look close. They grow in clusters.

13735763_522191617986230_1667003544322056605_o.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mmmm, I miss the crab apples I used to harvest from the vacant house behind us; but someone has moved in now. We are getting to know each other (through my dog, who kept getting out as we were working on the fences) and growing to be friends. so maybe there will be crab apples in my future again.

I finished the batch of pickled beets and got 16 pints, plus a couple nights' worth of fresh eating.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Since I have extra jams from the last couple years, I didn't really make any this year. That way I finish off the old stuff.

I did one batch of wild Pacific crab apple jelly. I'll do more of this next year. View attachment 1977

These are super tiny fruits. 1/2 inch at the biggest.

View attachment 1978

On the tree if you look close. They grow in clusters.

View attachment 1979

Hinotori, those jars are just beautiful!!!!! And that colander full of crabapples are too....should enter that into the POW. Either pic would do it, they are both just too pretty for words. :love

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was my first time doing a jam or jelly that didn't need pectin. It actually set a bit stiffer than I like for using in yogurt, but it's very good. Hubby likes it on toast and it's great for that.