WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
No canning today. But I did make 10 dozen muffins, wrapped them air tight and froze them. Do we have a freezing thread?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Nothing today. But tomorrow at ServeFest at church I will be leading a group making applesauce with 2 bushels of apples and canning it. The applesauce will be donated to the community meals ministry. I am looking forward to it. ;)

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to can some watermelon jelly and watermelon rind pickles. I've never had watermelon rind pickles but can't wait to try them. They sound really good. ;)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
32 meatloaves (pints)

Couldn't let that hot water go to waste, so I did 7 quarts of lima beans and ham, and to thank my SIL for all his help, 7 half pints of concord grape jam. Couldn't find the actual grapes, so had to use frozen concentrate, but I made it double strength...and now I don't want to give it to him. I never liked grape jelly until it had this much flavor !

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Nothing today. But tomorrow at ServeFest at church I will be leading a group making applesauce with 2 bushels of apples and canning it. The applesauce will be donated to the community meals ministry. I am looking forward to it. ;)
Our final count for applesauce made was 18 pints and 24 quarts. :D

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
12 half pints of concord grape jelly for. Used frozen concentrate, double strength. Easy peasy !

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Well, you need a pressure canner. From there, the sky's the limit. Any recipe you like, BUT you can't use eggs or (a lot of) fillers. I did one with turkey that used oatmeal, and one beef one that used a few bread crumbs, but not as many as a regular meatloaf. Both were fine. But my latest is "Smokehouse Meatloaf" with lots of spices and BBQ sauce, bell peppers and onions. No fillers at all. I think it is my favorite. Heat it up in the jar in the microwave to get rid of the last bit of hard grease, dump it out (widemouth jars only, of course) slice it for sandwiches, or eat it as a meatloaf proper.

Go to canningusa.com for a great tutorial.

Greybear23 said:
OK I can't stand it, I want to know how to can meatloaf!!!!! Lynn