What did you do to MAKE money today?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Did some cold calling. Plus word-of-mouth in a small town... I am booked almost solid next week, only 3 appointments left.

Suddenly I'm wishing for free time! :rolleyes: :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sold a few more chicks. Delivered some eggs and got a bag of feed for them :) Also got the garden broke, so that will make a lot of money in the longrun ;)

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
sold some things I got out of the trash and some quail eggs and got $26 the went to the scrap yard with metal and aluminum and got $70 for that so minus the $10(half of the gas) and $25 for DS for his share I made $41 :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm selling a couple hens today :) Gotta make room for the new babies! :woot

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm tired of a house full of stuff I don't need or use. So I am dumping a ton of stuff on ebay. Mostly collectable toys and extra gun items. Using the money to pay off the last of our debt.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Separated my chicks according to sex and sold 20 little 2 week old roosters. I freaked....not a single pullet. Guess someone wants to eat.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
Separated my chicks according to sex and sold 20 little 2 week old roosters. I freaked....not a single pullet. Guess someone wants to eat.
I've read many times here that you guys sell your chicks. How do you get the word out that your chicks are for sale? Do you have many customers looking for chicks?

I may want to sell some but I can't imagine anyone in our area looking to purchase chicks. Around here everyone has more chickens than they need or want and we don't see many city people out here looking for poultry stuff.

There is no way anyone could sell eggs in my area. Most people want to give you a dozen eggs every time you see them. I volunteer at a soup kitchen over in the next town two mornings a week and some weeks we get as many as 10 dozen eggs given to us by area farms. Most weeks in the summer we have to turn down fresh egg donations.

I think that most of the folks around here don't pay real close attention to number of chickens in their flocks and the next thing they know their flock of 10 chickens becomes 30 chickens. 6 eggs a day becomes 20 eggs a day. I got kind of tickled last week when I was at a neighbor's house to work on a tractor and we were watching some of his chickens out in the field. I asked him how many chickens he thinks he has. He said he wasn't sure, maybe 40 or 50. I asked him when he last checked on how many. He replied "oh a few years ago".

Maybe we don't have enough coyotes and hawks! Yeah right.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I sold 5 silkies for $100,,but I really didnt make anything as it cost me that to feed them all winter.

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
where do you live we barely getting $12 each for grown laying hens no matter what breed