What did you do to save $ today?

MysticScorpio82

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I found a bike on sale. I will save a ton on gas :D Now I just need a basket for when I need to carry a few things ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sold my pair of turkeys yesterday, so will save on the feed bill. Found a pet home for the pair of middle-aged pygmy goats with some wonderful people and they are leaving on Friday with the doelings. Not so much feed savings, as they live on air (and are fat!) but I seriously need the space.

kuntrygirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Collected about 50 #10 vegetable cans and will use them as chicken feeders and waterers and will sell them for $1.50.

Switched insurance companies and will be paying $300.00 less every 6 months and will have the exact same coverage.

Sold 2 male lambs. This will enable me to purchase about 10 (50lb bags of feed.)

Finished the garden. Will have corn, onions, cucumbers, bell peppers, jalepeno peppers and other veggies.

Thinking of ideas to save every day. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I made laundry soap, made homemade pizza because I was CRAVING pizza!, and picked greens out of the garden for supper tomorrow night, paid some bills, weeded the garden, pulled some bad leaves off the potatoes, treated tomatoes and potatoes with homemade spray, clipped coupons for my monthly grocery shopping and began planning my trip to the stores. Beyond that...I haven't done much o nuthin :D except eat too much pizza to where I feel like a beached whale :rolleyes: I was REALLY craving it :hu

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
At first I read that as a BLEACHED whale!

Instead of buying a chef's salad at Wawa for lunch, I made my own. Normally I forget to pack a lunch, today I remembered! And since they cost $4.99, and I normally end up buying a big iced tea for $1.89, I saved a bit! I also rode my motorcycle.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
At first I read that as a BLEACHED whale!

Instead of buying a chef's salad at Wawa for lunch, I made my own. Normally I forget to pack a lunch, today I remembered! And since they cost $4.99, and I normally end up buying a big iced tea for $1.89, I saved a bit! I also rode my motorcycle.
:gig @bleached whale! :lol:

If you remember to pack lunch EVERY day...WOW you could save a LOAD of cash! Especially driving the motorcycle too! :thumbsup

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Right now, I have no bread. But, I don't want to buy any more. Normally, I'll buy a "gourmet" lunch at the hay auction-a hot dog, but other days, I try to have lunch w/me, or get done early enough to eat lunch at home. I have a feeling I'm going to be eating a lot of sandwiches this year, like egg salad, tomato, or BLTs. It will definitely be cheaper than buying anything. And, as soon as I have time to do some experimenting w/canning soups, stews and chili, I'll be able to keep that out at the farm for days I forget, or don't have time to make lunch.

erthymom2

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
got several nice used cotton tableclothes at yardsales and cut & sewed 9 good sized kitchen hand towels out of each one = 27 new kitchen towels !!

Also went curbside pickin' last night after weekend yard sales - got bike parts, shirts & sheets for the rag bag, gazzilion ziploc reusable dishes for lunch boxes, mini-blinds, curtain rods for the new used camper I scrounged, barbie dolls in need of baths and brushings.

The real fun starts this weekend when the college kids bail out for the summer and they leave everything they don't want to/can't take. A few summers ago I worked part-time for a local cleaning crew that had the college frat houses to clean out -OMG the list of stuff I got to bring home went from TV's, DVD players, to brand new kitchenaid mixer, stainless steel pots & pans, even a large 200 gallon dumpster in their basement they used for empty's.