whats new

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not much is new around our place. Still raising ducks, chickens, turkeys and goats. We did add rabbits about 4 months ago, we were ready to start breeding them but our buck had other plans apparently and escaped one night in January. Not sure what spooked him enough to force his way out. So now I have to replace him. I am taking down time right now. Had to have a hysterectomy on the 12th. Thankfully all went well. They were able to do it with the scope so faster recovery. Still homeschooling our son. We are finishing up 3rd grade. Today was fun. He got his butterfly raising kit. They start us with 6 caterpillars.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
What kind of caterpillars did he get?

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We got the painted ladies. They are common for our area.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's for a good recovery. I had a hysterectomy too and slowed down for a little bit, but was back hard at living life in no time. You will too. ;)

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Deb, way cool. Thanks Baymule I am looking forward to life with out the monthly curse.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had one too - many years ago. It's amazing how you soon forget that the monthly curse was ever a part of your life! Hope you have a speedy, non-eventful recovery!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well recovery is over, back to outside chores this morning. I almost got a week off, ( I was cooking and doing chores inside the day after surgery though) I am feeling better and need to get the garden planted. Unfortunately the weather isn't cooperating, this rain just keeps hanging around. Hubby never got me a plot plowed for corn so guess I won't be growing much corn this year.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
At this point in time, I'd rather have rain than snow!