10 Simultaneous "Plagues"

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I tend to believe that it is hubris on our part to think that humans have changed the world's climate. Do you really think you have the power to destroy God's Creation? The earth seems to have a way of resetting things when it gets too out of wack. Usually it means a lot of discomfort, sometimes even the extinction of several species. Ours may be next.

everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but i'm pretty sure there are plenty of examples for those who are actually looking to see otherwise.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I propose that if anyone is interested there's information available for them to research.
I agree with your assessment that we seem to have more "plagues" than usual. I feel like it's a culmination of many different factors.

I can tell you from my experience that the climate is changing. I am not that old, and I remember things were different as a kid in 2004. They're different than when I started homesteading in 2009. Primarily, it's all weather. I haven't had a normal growing season in five years or longer. It's been rain, rain, and more rain for the last few years. We haven't had a normal winter in that time either. The last big snow we got was in 2015.

I think all of this is more of a cycle of events with significant pressure applied by humanity's greed, selfishness, and depravity.

Gardening has been very hard the last few years. I hill up high and furrow deep to a main furrow that exits the garden and flows down hill to the creek. It's really required to drain off excess water from the garden.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are short-lived. What was normal in our youth and has changed doesn't mean much in global terms. Analysis of ice cores taken in Antarctica point to the weather patterns of the last 250 years being uncharacteristically benign, and things are finally swinging back to "normal".

People are screaming that greenhouse gases need to be reduced. CO2 is the largest percentage of greenhouse gases and we are actually at a low spot historically. Some scientists worry that if we manage to reduce CO2 to the levels that are acceptable to popular opinion, we may experience a massive plant die-off (which will inevitably lead to... what? A massive animal die-off.

The thing is, whatever your viewpoint is, you will be able to find expert testimony that you are right. Which just goes to show that NONE of us have the slightest idea what the &*()^ is going on.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We are short-lived. What was normal in our youth and has changed doesn't mean much in global terms. Analysis of ice cores taken in Antarctica point to the weather patterns of the last 250 years being uncharacteristically benign, and things are finally swinging back to "normal".

People are screaming that greenhouse gases need to be reduced. CO2 is the largest percentage of greenhouse gases and we are actually at a low spot historically. Some scientists worry that if we manage to reduce CO2 to the levels that are acceptable to popular opinion, we may experience a massive plant die-off (which will inevitably lead to... what? A massive animal die-off.

The thing is, whatever your viewpoint is, you will be able to find expert testimony that you are right. Which just goes to show that NONE of us have the slightest idea what the &*()^ is going on.
You can literally prove whatever you want to.

Latest posts