10 Trees for $10

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ah yes... those guys.

hee hee hee.. i did this a couple years ago. and while i support their foundation... their 'trees' were more like extra small twigs. none of mine made it and my hubby has never stopped teasing me.

but

i like what they are about (except the 'trees') and they have a nice newsletter.

:)

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My neighbor got those trees I believe. If I'm not mistaken, they all died except 4, and all of those 4 had thorns on them somewhere. :lol:

She's happy though. Supports local wildlife and provides natural habitat.

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yep twigs!
A noble cause if you have the $10 to spare.
I get this "ad" every year and I always think-If you wanna save trees stop using them to make this solicitating junk mail!!!!!

Augustmomx2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm so naive :/ I think there's an option to donate 10 trees to be donated instead...maybe I'll go that route instead :lol: Oh my gosh, my husband would tease me until the end of time...thanks for the warning everyone!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I got them one year and planted them in pots. They grew quite nicely, until SO moved them out of the way and I forgot to water them :(

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Augustmomx2 said:
I'm so naive :/ I think there's an option to donate 10 trees to be donated instead...maybe I'll go that route instead :lol: Oh my gosh, my husband would tease me until the end of time...thanks for the warning everyone!
oh honey, you're not naive at all. why dontcha take your $10 and go and get an 'on sale' tree at lowes or where ever and give it a good home?

i scored 5 (bigger) trees for about $6 last year - the sale rack rocks!!!

Omran

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
ah yes... those guys.

hee hee hee.. i did this a couple years ago. and while i support their foundation... their 'trees' were more like extra small twigs. none of mine made it and my hubby has never stopped teasing me.

but

i like what they are about (except the 'trees') and they have a nice newsletter.

we did the same a while back, same resaults LOL

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well.... don't I feel dumb.

I actually ordered these from them. I was thinking "it's only 10 bucks and even if one makes it, that's worth $10".

:/