10 Year Anniversary Cruise Vacation - Spend on Travel or Stuff ???

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
My hubby wants to do an Alaskan cruise some day - I'd rather just do a road trip to Maine and tour the lighthouses and go whale watching....

I'm more of a "put the money into the travel expenses" type of person but take a lot of pics with your camera as "souvenirs". When we took family vacations (years ago) we never purchased souvenirs (except a little trinket for the kids, but they had a $5 spending limit each trip). We always took LOTS of pics, though.

The memories made during the trip are way more valuable than any "stuff" you could purchase.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
My mom just did the Panama Canal cruise and guess what... she PLANNED to NOT take a camera!!! She's always been like that... saving money on cameras and film process at the expense of long term memories.

I'm pretty frugal, but I do make sure to preserve the memories... especially when we're paying for them! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Nifty said:
My mom just did the Panama Canal cruise and guess what... she PLANNED to NOT take a camera!!! She's always been like that... saving money on cameras and film process at the expense of long term memories.

I'm pretty frugal, but I do make sure to preserve the memories... especially when we're paying for them! :D
That's where Digital cameras are nice - for roughly $2.50 - $3 at almost any place that prints digital photos - or even on your own computer for the cost of purchasing the disc - all of you photos can be saved to CD-Rom or DVD, etc. for later printing at one's leisure! :D

I love photos! I have some super cute pics of my first two kids at Gulf Shores Alabama walking on the white beaches and some super adorable pics of them at Williamsburg, Va!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
We booked this 7 night Carnival cruise out of Miami toward the end of the year. We're flying Southwest into Ft. Lauderdale and will be flying in a day before the cruise and our flight leaves a day after.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I would love to go on a cruise...mabey someday. Me and my DF are getting married in October and we have decided to stay local for our honeymoon. The Ozark mountains in Arkansas are pretty during the fall anyways. Good luck and congrats!

Just watch out for the oil out there. :/