100 Items to Disappear First

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the GREAT post!! BTW, I think coffee goes bad after awhile. I grind my own beans. Is there a way to store it to slow this down? :caf <--yes, I KNOW this is punny

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Thanks for the GREAT post!! BTW, I think coffee goes bad after awhile. I grind my own beans. Is there a way to store it to slow this down? :caf <--yes, I KNOW this is punny
I was actually looking at coffee the other day, and was surprised at the expiration date. It goes bad really fast! Anyways, other than vacuum packing and freezing the whole beans, the only thing I can think of would be just growing your own, lol.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
This is a very good question!! I think I would not be able to survive without my coffee :lol:
You certainly wouldn't want to be around me during withdrawal :gig

I do freeze my whole bean coffee in the can or bag. But it sure would be nice to find out if there is another way to store it long term. Maybe unroasted?

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think you folks are on the right track for storing coffee for longer times by buying whole beans and freezing, only grinding up as needed.
Anyway, I've been looking for that other list mentioned earlier and the closest I could find is within another site.
www.millennium-ark.net
Okay so these people take the survivalist prep to a whole new level and the site is packed with all kinds of info-almost overwhelming but if anyone is interested it is informative.

ps...I like my coffee too and so does everyone else in our family like for me to have my coffee :lol: without it, life is threatened!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Buy whole bean and freeze...that's about all you can do.

I try to keep an extra bag or two of 8 O'Clock Columbian Whole Bean Coffee on hand in the freezer, but hubby still drinks it to fast to have a stash. If TSHTF, I would have to shoot him if I wanted to be able to have a cup.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
If nothing else it is a great list to get started with. Most people probably don't even have one item on this list.
Where's one of the fainting smilies?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We have about 40 containers of Folgers Half-Caf for a drip coffeemaker in stock. Every time it gets close to or under $5.00 we restock. I go through a pot a day and sometimes even more. :caf

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
86.) Wagons & carts (for transport to and from)
Just bought a driving horse and I'm saving up for an Amish buckboard!!! WE will be SAFE!! :lol: