$100 - should I?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aw, what a disappointment. Did they start out trying to get you to pay them and have it shipped, before you insisted on seeing it in person? I’m surprised they even bothered with a fake address and phone number. Seems like if they know you aren’t going to fall for their scam it would be easier to just stop communicating altogether.
Well I was a "motivated" buyer :lol:

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have all but the top warmer. We bought it right before our wedding. We each put in $75 so we could pay the $150. The seller claimed it was for her grandmother and DH had picked it up in New Orleans. That figures because we now firmly believe it’s hexed. As soon as DH was over the Mississippi his rear end went out and he coasted down and found a place to park. He then called a friend who showed up in his truck with another friends trailer. They put the truck on the trailer and started home and an on coming car went on their side the road and they wrecked on a small bridge, totaling the friends truck, damaging the trailer and putting a bunch of people out of power. Had to pay several hundred dollars getting everything out of the junkyard for repairs. I started referring to the stove as Marie Laveau‘s stove. It now sits under my destroyed house….another catastrophe.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It’s a pretty piece though. In one way I want it. In another way….no.

whysprs

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow.. doesnt supprise me now days, lots of scams going around. I would have been completely peeved but would have been excited to get something like that.