moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The kids are peeling potatoes as I type this for mashed potatoes to go along with leftover pork roast and garden carrots :)

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot said:
Leftover Black Beans and rice with cornbread made in my "new" yard sale find $3 cast iron skillet! I haven't had any cast iron since we left FL due to the weight in the RV. Now that we are stopping I can have some again.
We recently saw a set of 4 "made in Japan" cast iron pans at a local antique mall for $45! They weren't Griswold (what my pans are) or Wagner, but were of similar quality (very smooth, not rough like modern cast iron) and I have to say they made me seriously take a look at my budget because they were in excellent shape. But I just couldn't justify the cost at the moment. :(

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I do love the cast iron!!!!!! In Quartzsite, AZ there is a little antique shop that has the best prices but I'm not there this year.

For tomorrow night I found a recipe for Potato Lasagna. Trying to stay mostly gluten free and this sounds good!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Once a week is our homemade pizza nite. this week it was pepperoni pizza and a taco pizza.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
After processing 25 pounds of carrots for the dehydrator, my hands hurt too much to do much. We had some leftover pieces of chicken from a roasted chicken earlier this week so I made a nice chicken vegetable soup.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whole wheat spaghetti with scallops and cherry tomatoes topped with anchovy breadcrumbs.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hubby made white chicken chili and homemade bread bowls for dinner yesterday. Then we had it for supper, so we're out of that.

Tonight...hmmm, guess I need to go dig in the freezer and hope for some inspiration. My hubby will be feeding the kids tonight and I have to leave and go pick up the new van. (New, ha - it's a 2002)

Latest posts