17 month old... diet, interaction, ect...

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well some updates. I decided to try a Publix that has a natural food section. I meandered towards the dairy section and was disappointed to find the same low fat stuff. BUT I found a second cooler with the natural items. So I found some organic whole milk Yobaby yogurt.

If only she would eat it! She turned her nose up at it originally. So I froze a cup into the star shaped molds I have. (I freeze fruit juice for her in them and she loves it). She put it in her mouth and made a horrible face. So the dog got that one. Then I was holding her making pasta and she reached in the freezer, grabbed one and ate it. Success :D Now, did I kill all the good stuff by freezing it?

She will now eat pasta with sauce! I started with just making elbows and mixing it with shredded cheese. Nope. So I added some powder cheese, and she ate some of it. Next time I added some mozzarella (another new discovery) and she ate more. So the last time she tried eating pasta with sauce from her dads bowl, I made her her own and she ate it. I know carbs arent the best, but it is at least a solid meal. (Whole grain too!) So we went from Mac and cheese in a box to whole grain penne with pasta sauce (at least it has tomatoes!)
For snacks she likes to munch on the peppers, fruit juice cubes They had some lettuce, (pale, so not the nutrient dense stuff) and I gave her some dip (thanks for that suggestion, it made all the difference!) and she ate it up. So we will see about a salad soon.

She also ate a grilled ham and cheese which I figured was better than PB&J. (Until it is organic or has less sugar.. Yikes high fructose hell)
So yes, things are going better. Shes very intent on feeding herself, so it is like a walking sticky ball of slobber and love. :rolleyes: