2 liter bottles

watsonlane

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Any ideas for two liter bottles? other than regular recycling.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've made bird feeders out of them that are pretty cool. Used them for funnels. I even had to buy (ugh!) soda this summer just to get the bottles in order to freeze and cool my rabbits. Speaking of freezers, you can freeze them (or we used to use gallon jugs) in order to fill empty space in the freezer to make it run more efficiently. And pull the frozen containers out and put them in a cooler to take to town in order to keep groceries cold on the way home.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Fly traps.
You cut off the top - so its a funnel shape, 1/4 fill the bottle with a mixture of water, sugar and yeast, then put the funnel top back in upside down - you can tape it to secure it, and put it out there...

You can use them also to protect young plants in the spring, cut off the bottom and place the bottle over the little seedling.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We fill ours with water, put them in the freezer, and then cut them open with a utility knife and put the ice blocks in our 5 gallon water igloo for cold water when we are going somewhere.
We store plastic cups in our van and we bungi cord the igloo to the back of the front passenger seat in our Chevy Express. Saves a lot of money on buying drinks out and about for our family of 8.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Shiloh Acres said:
.... pull the frozen containers out and put them in a cooler to take to town in order to keep groceries cold on the way home.
Now why didn't I think of that??? I'm remembering all those cartons of half-melted and then re-frozen ice cream we ate last summer.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
VickiLynn said:
Shiloh Acres said:
.... pull the frozen containers out and put them in a cooler to take to town in order to keep groceries cold on the way home.
Now why didn't I think of that??? I'm remembering all those cartons of half-melted and then re-frozen ice cream we ate last summer.
LOL, ice cream is the reason I started that. I used to live up the mountain and the nearest store -- well, my ice cream would be totally melted before I got home. Cooler full if large ice blocks and cold food works well though. :)

I'm going to have to try the fly trap. The rabbits sometimes damage their bottles so I can't use them anymore, and next year I'd like more fly traps. :) I love threads like this. People have such great ideas. :)

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Storage bottles for your homemade laundry detergent.
Paint them flame orange & use as floaters for a trot line.
Cut bottom off on a diagonal line & use as a scoop.
In snow territory, DH kept kitty litter in one in his trunk for added traction.
Poke tiny holes in the bottom & bury alongside transplants. Fill with water & replace the cap for slow drip irrigation.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL Y'all are going to make me want MORE 2-liter bottles. I can't handle getting on soda again. :p

Latest posts