2 new goats born

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a goat I call snowball had her kids last night! typical boer colorings, 2 bucks.

she blew early for me.....I expected at least 2 more weeks but these 2 boys are big and strong. her second babies......so I must have miscalculated when she was bred.....sometimes I write the wrong dates down..LOL

that means some of my other preggo does will be kidding out very soon. time to get the kidding barn ready--NOW.....I have 15 does in this breeding cycle along with snowball....so that should not be hard to handle.

just nice to see new healthy kids born...makes the farming worthwhile! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
WHOOHOOO!!

Congrats, FC! I loooove our little Nugget. It's so exciting when new babies are born!!

Will these be sold later or kept for um...do you ever eat your goats?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Let the "kidding" begin. Ha ha I couldn't resist sorry.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
QA
these 2 boys will go to sale
not eating these, but yes we do process a goat when we need to

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey HM
hmm...as long as that kidding is goats and not human babies..HA HA HA
no more for me! :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC - you really need to post pics of those babies for those of us that are about to bust a gut wanting goats and can't have them.
You know, if you got it flaunt it. LOL

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Congrats on the babies!! Please post some pics. I need my "goat fix" :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sadly digital camera was broken a long long time ago and too cheap to buy another right now...so no pics at this time. :(

yea she kidded out herself. I went outside to the garage to get eggs to wash and I heard the kids. Kids have that distinctive sound and I knew right away someone down there had babies..LOL...so down I went and yea all was done and babies were dry. So she had them pretty early in the morning I guess.

I wish I could post pics. I moved her into her own stall with a run out pen. We just got home and Tony is going down to be sure the babies are up in the stall and not outside getting cold.

all is good --- in a week those little suckers will be bouncing all around. baby goats are so cute, too bad they have to grow up..HA HA HA