2022 Resolutions List

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Surprise Surprise
Mr Blue Sky and Mr. Sun may have flipped the motivation switch. Had to run to the credit union to deposit a check. Swung by a BBQ joint to bring home lunch (yum, by the way). Then...

4th load of laundry in the washer, clean linens on the bed, decent chunk of the kitchen decluttered, half a box of old (2002) financial docs shredded, outdoor critter feeders filled.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Surprise Surprise
Mr Blue Sky and Mr. Sun may have flipped the motivation switch. Had to run to the credit union to deposit a check. Swung by a BBQ joint to bring home lunch (yum, by the way). Then...

4th load of laundry in the washer, clean linens on the bed, decent chunk of the kitchen decluttered, half a box of old (2002) financial docs shredded, outdoor critter feeders filled.
:weee woohoo! I bet that feels great!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I would love to move every 5 years to force downsize 🤣
Sounds great in theory, but also sounds miserable. DH an I are supposedly in our "last" house, but every once in a while he considers moving. It would take a lot to get us to move. Our property is beautiful. We could probably build here for less than moving. But hey, maybe when kids are grown and DH retires we might want to relocate?

I could be convinced to move for a dog training arena. We saw a listing of a (hideous, horribly ugly, and insanely expensive) house that had a enclosed bridge to an air traffic control tower type structure and an attached airplane hangar. DH saw the tower as a massive hunting stand. :gig I saw the hangar as a dog training arena. :gig But it was SO ugly and SO expensive. Might as well build another pole shed or a house addition for a training arena here if I'm serious about it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would love to move every 5 years to force downsize 🤣

that's a nice theory but what happened with me was that i just never took stuff out of boxes and then kept moving those. i still have a few boxes here that i've not gotten into much but only a few now. i've whittled it down quite a bit the past few years. i've been here about <mumble> years... heh...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
that's a nice theory but what happened with me was that i just never took stuff out of boxes and then kept moving those. i still have a few boxes here that i've not gotten into much but only a few now. i've whittled it down quite a bit the past few years. i've been here about <mumble> years... heh...
If you never took it out of boxes you must not need it? :hide