2022 Resolutions List

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes! The clutter here is unreal! I’m sort of in a stalemate of not knowing where to start also. And my husband has hoarder tendencies… that’s always helpful🙄

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
y'all started it. I'm blaming @FarmerJamie :lol:

DS14 trashes my mudroom every day. It's a whole new level of disgusting I didn't believe existed before I had kids. I have him clean it almost every day. He does that as well as a below-average teen.

There is a bench that has been in the room since we bought the house. DS14 jams crap around it. Whatever falls out of his backpack? lunch wrappers, food crumbs, paper airplanes made up of worksheets, etc. I'm done. Just completely done. :somad I moved the bench out of the room. His backpack isn't coming home from school anymore. :somad

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are 5 people and 2 dogs in this not very big house. Myself, DD2 and DS are happy to part with things we don’t use. DH and DD1 are both the ones who make the biggest messes and the ones who carry on about getting rid of anything. Primal screaming sounds good 😂

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There are 5 people and 2 dogs in this not very big house. Myself, DD2 and DS are happy to part with things we don’t use. DH and DD1 are both the ones who make the biggest messes and the ones who carry on about getting rid of anything. Primal screaming sounds good 😂

put DD1 and DH in the same room? :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just gotta find someone as frugal or more frugal than you are!

Then again, marriage is a legal arrangement for the benefit of a spouse who does not earn income or earn sufficient income. It's not necessary if both partners are financially SS. It's not necessary to live with your partner/spouse either - nor is it necessary to live far away. The duplex is becoming a thing for spouses/partners and blended families.

Don't throw away the baby with the bath water is all I'm saying.

i'm looking forwards to living alone again once my current commitment is finished. how long after that i'll want to continue living alone will be up to how it goes and if i can find someone compatible enough. right now i'm not looking too hard and so throwing out the bath water baby and all was long ago accomplished and if it is out there it's quite frozen and a part of the yard art by now. :)