2022 Resolutions List

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, buying 2 totes counts as progress! Progress is a series of tiny steps. Can’t do project X until you buy product Y , have to put product Y on shopping list so you don’t forget.

Think of the cat litter and toothpaste as investments. The prices have risen, you bought for less and are now well stocked up. I call that smart. :lol:

Keep up the good work, even a tiny step is a step.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Lots of successes in 2022 already! Who is thinking about 2023 resolutions?

I learned a lot about making resolutions too indirect and too specific. Gotta just go for it!

I started taking notes on what might be good 2023 resolutions for me. Already crossed 2 off that list - I didn't think big enough.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Circling back to my goals....I didn't meet the 90% plant based diet, not sure that one is realistic for me. I think for 2023, we will transition to no premade meals or eating out/fast food (which we do probably once ir twice a month). And I didn't get the second coop completed. But I added 6 chickens to my flock instead of 3 so those other 3 standard make up for the 5 bantams, lol.

Starting to think of 2023 goals as well

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yes, buying 2 totes counts as progress! Progress is a series of tiny steps. Can’t do project X until you buy product Y , have to put product Y on shopping list so you don’t forget.

Think of the cat litter and toothpaste as investments. The prices have risen, you bought for less and are now well stocked up. I call that smart. :lol:

Keep up the good work, even a tiny step is a step.
Lived the tiny steps thing today. Had the food saver out to vacuum seal the dried beans (8 half gallon jars), so I also sealed up the open containers of spices and seasonings used in canning this year. The spices are now in a tote for the basement. Vacuum sealed some extra flour we had to put in the freezer. When did the wife think she was going to make pumpernickel bread? 😉

Just about found the kitchen counter

The empty jars were in the garage, so one case less there. Since I was in the garage, I filled up my bird seed tote with a bag I had and brought a case of kitty litter in the house. Couple things in the trash can.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i have not cleaned everything in my room yet, but i'm getting at least in the ball park. one last corner to do tomorrow (about 18sq ft of floor space). will not be dusting all the books off or several other things, but at least getting most of the dust and spider webs cleaned up (and the spiders too if i can catch them). the only way i can make cleaning interesting is by paying attention to the bugs and spiders and figuring out what they are. :)

got to check all the worm buckets today and it is always fun for me to do that.