2022 Resolutions List

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Anyone interested in posting a list of goals for 2022? Sometimes it helps to have them publicly posted for self accountability.

Had a lot of thinking time on the road the past week and I realize I need to keep my feet to the fire.

Keep them SMART
Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Relevant and
Time bound

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Everything? I have 3 kids, one I’m pretty sure has autism, one I’m pretty sure has ADHD, and one is a 2 year old, my husband has ADHD, and I have the farm animals and 4 dogs, so… life. Life needs organizing 😂

The worst of it though, is the clutter. I need to declutter and organize household items.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah we’re going to need more info on that- did I miss that you found a new farm??
Yup. 25 acres, double wide and 2 ponds. Fenced for cattle, old barbed wire, fence rows grown up and need clearing/cleaning.

Close Monday, dental appointments Tuesday, start on house Wednesday. Going to take down all the trim, Kilz walls. Tape and float. A friend will come do the texture. Then paint, put up new trim. Viola! Looks like a real house! Start moving in!

I have too much stuff. Going to take my favorite stuff, next favorite stuff, what doesn’t fit won’t be my favorite stuff. Have yard sale. LOL

Build 3 sided shelter for sheep on small piece on right side of driveway and enough fence to move sheep and dogs. Build a ram pen for new ram I’m getting in July. Go have knee replacement surgery in mid August, rehab for 2 weeks, then outpatient therapy twice a week. Go slap ‘effing CRAZY because I’m recovering and can’t do much. My normal routine is other peoples extreme sport. Haha.

Got to put Kawasaki mule in shop, engine smoking, probably needs rings. I’ll need it to scoot around farm.

Fixing to be busy around here. Like I always do, I’ll hit the ground running—with a slight limp.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm a resolutions-type person. In 2021, I tried "no goals." Which was mostly great except it did not help me with health or fitness. Apparently I need goals in those areas.

1. I will do HIIT exercise every day for 4 weeks to increase mitochondria density. This should reduce fatigue. I plan to do this in the morning when I get home from dropping DS6 off at school, or at 9 a.m. on non-school days. If I miss my planned time, I will do it later in the day. I have 4 reserve days, which means that if I miss 4 days I will still consider this goal to be completed.
  2. I will use my bike for cardio conditioning every day from January - April. This will help me with heat acclimation and being fit enough for 4-H dog training group classes and for gardening. I have 32 reserve days. When I am successful using my bike every day in January (8 reserve days), I will reward myself with a bike computer that measures speed and distance.
  3. I will do moving meditation / yoga / stretching every evening. I will listen to podcasts while stretching as a reward. I have 104 reserve days.
  4. I will do a broth fast for 7 consecutive days. This intimidates me, so I've already started it to do it with @Trying2keepitReal I'm on Day 1.
  5. I will maintain a minimum of 18:6 time restricted feeding. I have 156 reserve days because I'm not feeling confident about this goal. I also made it 18:6 because of lack of confidence, even though I feel much better at 20:4 or 22:2.
  6. I will plan my meals 1 day in advance. This is my best strategy for maintaining dietary and fasting goals.

I want to obtain Fear Free certification(s). I've decided that running a business is not my thing, and I don't need income, so instead I will use my dog training skills in other ways to make my community better, such as volunteering at the local animal shelter and developing 4-H Dog Project curriculum.
I guess I did the things, sorta! I was able to improve my physical fitness. Didn't exactly go as planned, but the results were just as good if not better.

I lost weight as hoped... and then regained it due to emotional eating. I did therapy for emotional eating and have enough tools to be able to manage it. That will limit weight fluctuation so I don't have to work at it so often. I was able to add some legumes back into my restricted diet and have been free of GI symptoms for several months. I do intuitive fasting, so I don't keep track but it just happens. :love Making a big batch of food works better for me than meal planning. Same effect, different way to get there. I'll take anything I can do to not have to think about food or weight as much.

I did way more than just a Fear Free Shelters certificate! I ended up launching my business in a low-key sort of way. I became an AKC evaluator for the family dog series and got my FIT Dog instructor certificate too. I volunteer at the shelter 10 - 15 hours per week. I re-did the 4-H Dog project curriculum. I have fostered 2 dogs (gonna foster-fail the second one!). I also took on the 4-H Small Animals project to start developing resources for kids to use.

I'm looking forward to 2023 resolutions. My health is better so I should be able to make progress!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am noticing changes with indoor biking. I'm doing better with core strength or getting used to biking posture so I'm not leaning so heavily on my wrists/handlebars. Nice that my hands don't hurt. I can pedal faster and more efficiently. No news on endurance, maybe I should increase how long I spend on the bike each time?