2022 Resolutions List

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As the year draws to a close, I'll give myself a "B-" on my results.
The canning marathon derailed the decluttering, but was worth it. Progress made here and there, I am okay with the mixed results.

Next year:
- aggressively manage the household budget, I have a savings amount goal in mind
- find a home of our own, at least get something under contract
- lose 30 pounds, continue to reduce meds
- teach my daughters to can
- continue canning for us
- use garden to "play in" for stress relief
- continue declutter

good luck with all of these. i'm working on many of those myself (not 30 lbs now, but 10 more would be good, need a place to live eventually if not here, canning, garden play, decluttering, finances).

i'm in the middle of trying to wade through the corporate initial filter at the brokerage because i would like some historical transactions in the CSV format instead of me having to go back and reformat what i have or to type them in again from statements (you probably know how that can go i'm sure where you get pretty much canned replies from the initial group of contact screeners for issues where it seems that they don't even read the message you've sent them). i'm up to reply #3. if it seems i get yet another canned reply i'll ask in the next message to get the request passed on to a supervisor or more technical person who knows what i'm asking about...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yay! finally got through the filter to have my request passed to the "back office" and will maybe hear back in a few days. progress! i told myself that if this reply came back as another filter one then i'd ask for a supervisor or manager.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yay! finally got through the filter to have my request passed to the "back office" and will maybe hear back in a few days. progress! i told myself that if this reply came back as another filter one then i'd ask for a supervisor or manager.

and it came back with yet another denial. in their reply i noted that they didn't say they didn't have the information just that for some "business decision" they would not make it available. once again the reply contained information that was not factual (the records exist in files that are longer than 10 years old, but they keep claiming they only keep them for 10 years (that's the statements that they keep talking about - i've repeatedly told them they're wrong, they have the VCS files going back to the end of 2005 which is how many years? "Do the math you bozo's! (saying to the company not youzes))...

granted all of this is BS in the end. 50 years from now it won't matter. it would be nice to have the information so i could answer some questions without having to write yet another conversion program. but hey, i got all winter (and likely the next so many years so perhaps i'll get it done eventually).

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
and it came back with yet another denial. in their reply i noted that they didn't say they didn't have the information just that for some "business decision" they would not make it available. once again the reply contained information that was not factual (the records exist in files that are longer than 10 years old, but they keep claiming they only keep them for 10 years (that's the statements that they keep talking about - i've repeatedly told them they're wrong, they have the VCS files going back to the end of 2005 which is how many years? "Do the math you bozo's! (saying to the company not youzes))...

granted all of this is BS in the end. 50 years from now it won't matter. it would be nice to have the information so i could answer some questions without having to write yet another conversion program. but hey, i got all winter (and likely the next so many years so perhaps i'll get it done eventually).
Yeah, I get it. Code away!