1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Solutions for a pecker - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

3-2-1 Mug Cake Mix - What are your favorite flavors?

Discussion in 'The Homestead Kitchen - Recipes Etc' started by wyoDreamer, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Jul 22, 2019
    wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Almost Self-Reliant

Last night I made of the cakes in ramekins (custard cups) - they are wider than the coffee mugs, so the cakes are shorter. Turned the cakes out into cereal bowls, covered them with crushed strawberries and topped with real whipped cream (lightly sweetened).
    They were so good!

2. Jul 23, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

Holy Cow that sounds good!

3. Jul 23, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Super Self-Sufficient

It's a toss up between "cruel" & "suggested uses" to tell us about these deserts in such great detail!! :(:drool

Shame on you...….:D

Lazy Gardener likes this.
  4. Jul 23, 2019
    Lazy Gardener

Lazy Gardener Super Self-Sufficient

I've been thinking along the same lines, @Mini Horses !!! I've bought the cake mixes: lemon + angel food. But... have yet to open the boxes. Afraid to let the monster out of those boxes! I also bought some lemon pudding mix. Thinking a bit of that pudding with some cool whip would make a fantastic topping. Might put some cherry chunks, or even some bits of lemon in the mix when I make them. Hubby is a diabetic, and a worse sugar fiend than I am. But, he's on the pump, so can compensate for the carb load. But, I just know that those extra carbs are not good for either one of us.

Mini Horses likes this.
  5. Aug 6, 2019
    wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Almost Self-Reliant

I have a mix made with devils food chocolate cake mix in my desk at work. Sometimes I just need that hit of chocolate in the afternoon.
    Since I went and picked cherries yesterday, I think I will dice up some of the cherries and put a little baggie of those in the freezer in the breakroom. Chocolate Cherry cake sounds like it would be good. Even better with a piece of Hershey's chocolate stuck in there for a lava cake - thanks @HomesteaderWife , I forgot all about the lava cake option, lol.

6. Aug 6, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

I made up some mix for when the grandkiddos were visiting. Used angel food and a yellow cake mix...but the things those kids thought of to put in there! Blueberries were a hit. Mini chocolate chips...marshmallows, mandarin oranges, strawberries...and of course plenty of whipped cream on top. They were a tiny bit disappointed at the portion size when they actually measured the ingredients - but they quickly figured out how to use HEAPING spoonfuls of the mix, lol.

baymule likes this.