50 Shocking Questions That You Should Ask To Anyone That Is Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
MarylandFutureFarmGuy said:
This likely occurred purely due to the fact that I am a teenage adolescent.
That explains the opinions proclaimed here! Just curious, do you have a job? Do you support yourself and pay a house note, utilities, car note, insurance, etc ? I ask because you seem self-qualified to blast the "discouraged workers" for "not even trying" . I suppose you have lots of experience in job hunting and maybe you could give the problematic "discouraged workers" some pointers.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Very well. You have your opinion and I have mine, and something tells me that's not going to change :)

But I think something most of us can agree upon is the world keeps getting better and better, but people seem to think it's getting worse and worse.
The world is NOT getting better and better. It IS getting worse and worse. You're still just a teenager and haven't seen the things that many on this forum have seen and experience in every day life. I look back on what the world was like when I was your age, and it's nothing like it is now. But, as you said, you have your opinion and I have mine, and something tells me that's not going to change, so I won't bother to say more than that.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very well. You have your opinion and I have mine, and something tells me that's not going to change :)
Sounds about right.

Preparing for the future should not be confused with politics.

Preparing for whatever-may-come is much much more complicated than buying a gun. It comes down to having some means of production (land, materials, etc) and careful management of those resources. Example: Buying 40 acres doesn't make you much more secure unless you are able to turn it into food. The buying part is relatively easy because it's quick compared to the process of gaining experience in ag.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:

But I think something most of us can agree upon is the world keeps getting better and better, but people seem to think it's getting worse and worse.
The world is NOT getting better and better. It IS getting worse and worse. You're still just a teenager and haven't seen the things that many on this forum have seen and experience in every day life. I look back on what the world was like when I was your age, and it's nothing like it is now. But, as you said, you have your opinion and I have mine, and something tells me that's not going to change, so I won't bother to say more than that.
Deb your view of the world depends on the length of your timeline, the young havent had your experiences [I am assuming you are middle aged 30-50 years} so I can agree with you things have gone down since the 70s. But I am a Senior citizen and things have gotten better overall since the late 40s ask any baby boomer.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
~gd said:
Denim Deb said:

Deb your view of the world depends on the length of your timeline, the young havent had your experiences [I am assuming you are middle aged 30-50 years} so I can agree with you things have gone down since the 70s. But I am a Senior citizen and things have gotten better overall since the late 40s ask any baby boomer.
I'm a baby boomer and things have gotten worse, IMO. I have mine, you have yours and we'll leave it at that. I'm done w/this thread. I see it heading towards arguments and I refuse to get sucked into something like that.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
A recession is when your neighbor loses his/her job, a depression is when you lose your job.

The argument can rage on about opinions of the state of things, I was trying to focus on data. We are a nation of debtors and don't have the jobs we used to, and the public trough keeps getting deeper and wider.

HEY DEB, wait for me.......:/

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score

Sadly, it appears that you are living in a dream world. Who would think that a teenager whose signature is in the language of his ancestors fails to see the realities of the world; particularly those of his ancestors.

It is important to remember that there are two ways to influence other people; one is by reason, the other by force. When the individual citizen is permitted to own and/or carry a fire arm, the element of force is removed from the equation and the opposing side is now going to have to use reason. That is the sole purpose of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America which provides you with freedom from your sworn enemies who would like nothing better than to hunt you down like an animal and take not only your life but the lives of your entire country and the free world. Please say you aren't so naive as to NOT understand what they are up to!

Had your ancestors been able to defend themselves against the Nazi's there would not have been the situation we saw in Europe from 1939 until 1945 when the allied forces liberated the concentration camps and set the prisoners free. In case you hadn't noted this in your extensive study of the world during your long and illustrious 16 or so years you may have noticed that the rest of the world is in such an unstable condition that there is now more than ever before the threat of real thermonuclear destruction. No, my young friend the world is NOT getting better and your worship of the AC has deluded you into thinking that everything is good. But then you think the 50 questions that lawyer wrote were just biased... and we all know that "Brutus is an honorable man...".

For what it is worth, I would recommend that you stop living in a dream world and start looking at the brutal facts of this one. You can argue with folks many years older than you but until you have "seen the elephant" it might be a good idea for you to do a lot more study as to what is really going on in this world because in my opinion, and that of many of your countrymen, it really isn't pretty "out there among them english"
just my 2 cents

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

That sort of depends where you are in life, the well off keep seeing more and more being taken for taxes and the same time Government programs are being cut back. So where are all the people that think the world is getting better and better?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This thread is 5 months old. And apparently the young person who upset people so much has been scared off, as he has not posted since.

Status
Not open for further replies.