A female issue - advice? (update)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I want to THANK YOU all for your good advice.

Thanks to a tight sports bra worn all waking hours, and a few acetominophen tablets, my boob is mostly fine now. Enlargement/engorgement is gone, and only a small area is sore.

Since the sore area has shifted around over time, I suspect it's just from engorgement or infection rather than anything Serious but I am going to keep my Dr's appointment for Wednesday anyhow, a) just in case and b) in hopes she might have some useful guesses as to why this happened and how to prevent it happening again. (Also it would be nice if my boob would *totally* stop having a sore area, but frankly I think it's probably on its way there on its own.)

Never did try much in the way of herbal remedies other than putting a buncha parsley in an omelet on Saturday :p, but if it recurs I may try sage etc.

Thank you thank you thank you,

Pat

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Oh, after I hit 'submit' I remembered what else I wanted to say.

It has been really INTERESTING wearing a bra after basically 6.5 yrs totally bra-less. It was pretty uncomfortable to get used to (and discomfort is a significant part of why I stopped wearing one), but I noticed something pretty odd.

Not having a size D post-lactational chest flopping around all over the place makes me feel much lighter and more energetic. I would say it is sort of the equivalent of how it feels to lose 30 lbs. I've been actively playing with the kids much more, and just getting a lot more DONE around here, because I feel much more energized. (I am not hugely fat, btw, just for reference, although I am in the 'overweight' zone on BMI charts)

I know that sounds really stupid. In a lot of ways. Believe me, I *feel* stupid about it :p

But I think I am going to become a bra wearer again, after all these years.

Go figure. I TRULY would not have expected it to make this kind (and amount) of a difference.

Feeling dumb, but glad to have discovered this because I can certainly use all the extra energy I can get <g>,

Pat

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I'm glad the bra helped. FWIW, I also hate bras, and at the end of the day--mine comes off. But I need to wear some type of support during the day. (and I am only a B)

Now your hubby will have to come up with another pet name for you, since you will no longer be a "jiggly" hippie :D

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
How bout "juggly hippie"? :lol:

One thing I DO know, is that you are supposed to avoid Mint, Sage, Thyme, and Oregano when you are breastfeeding because they all decrease milk production. There are a few others as well I think...but I figure if you run into this problem again, and don't have sage tea on hand, you can eat a crapton of Italian food and candy canes ;)

Keep us posted on what the dr says :)

edited for spelling

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Phew, I for sure do not miss those days. I remember trying to drive and whining because it hurt so bad when I had to make a sharp turn. It was freaking terrible. I remember taking my bra off and my boobs were shaped funny from being cramped into a bra all day. Anyways, a friend of mine lost a good bit of weight and started lactating again, five years after she had given birth for the last time. I still have some minor leakage in my most productive breast. My youngest is a sinch over a year old, but he was never breast fed.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh geez I have to wear a bra! I can't imagine not wearing one LOL I'm a 38DD! I even have a special one for horse back riding, eesh!

Glad things are clearing up!