Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
We made all the mistakes so you don't have to! :D

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Going low carb is what knocked my high blood pressure down. I went from 149/95 to 101/62 :D

The biggest culprit for blood pressure AND heart disease issues is wheat, so if you have no desire to go below 50g of carbs per day like me, just ditching the wheat may help anyway.

http://www.heartscanblog.org/2011/02/perfect-frankengrain.html
I was surprised to read this! Since I am such a carb addict, I had to ponder this overnight....BP medicine or no wheat.. hmmmmm

I think you're predisposed to certain conditions, genetics and individual makeup are huge factors. Every member of my family (mother, aunt, cousins, sisters) have all been on BP medications for years and years. I didn't get on BP medication until I was 56, and I was the smoker of the group. I am also the only one that isn't on thyroid medication (even my daughter is).

My mother has the lowest total cholesterol, 116 total! She pronounces everything too fatty to eat, yet she was the one that had triple bypass. She eats very little meat, does eat wheat.

Another aunt felt that meat would cause her problems, so she rarely ate it. She was 89 when she passed.

I dunno. But I think it's amazing how diet changes can vastly improve conditions in some people, yet it doesn't seem to work for others. I guess we all have to try different things and see what works best for us. I'd love to have my BP drop like that - I might have to give it a try.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Marianne said:
But I think it's amazing how diet changes can vastly improve conditions in some people, yet it doesn't seem to work for others. I guess we all have to try different things and see what works best for us. I'd love to have my BP drop like that - I might have to give it a try.
You said it right there. There is no perfect menu for anyone. All bodies are different and combinations on how to get healthy are different for everyone.

experiment with menu changes etc. and see what helps and what does not. obviously removing processed foods etc is a good start. going fresh foods is alway best.

I don't follow a low carb diet and my BP is 110/68 in that range.
I do NOT eat a high carb diet tho..lol--moderation is key for me.

exercise is great for lowering BP
also garlic is good for the body

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh THEFAN

I got out my natural rememdy book and it says that 2 bananas a day can lower BP by 10%

celery contains pthalides that relax blood vessels and reduce stress hormones

rich dark chocolate (a little lol) can help lower bp
flaxseeds high on omega 3

potatoes contain kukomaines that help lower blood pressure, boil not fry

tomatoes contain lycopene and helps lower bp

lower salt intake

drink tons of water thru the day (this is my advice lol, I swear water in the body is so super important for everything to run correctly.)

Well THOSE are out of my book....all good foods to eat definitely if prepared right and migh help ya :lol:

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
oh THEFAN

I got out my natural rememdy book and it says that 2 bananas a day can lower BP by 10%

celery contains pthalides that relax blood vessels and reduce stress hormones

rich dark chocolate (a little lol) can help lower bp
flaxseeds high on omega 3

potatoes contain kukomaines that help lower blood pressure, boil not fry

tomatoes contain lycopene and helps lower bp

lower salt intake

drink tons of water thru the day (this is my advice lol, I swear water in the body is so super important for everything to run correctly.)

Well THOSE are out of my book....all good foods to eat definitely if prepared right and migh help ya :lol:
Thank you. All very helpful points. :)

I don't take any pills at all. I prefer not too.

Don

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If you can take the heat, crush up some dried cayenne pepper into about 2 ounces of vinegar and drink it. My grandma was an herbalist. She controlled her blood pressure for YEARS with this remedy.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
sheaviance1 said:
If you can take the heat, crush up some dried cayenne pepper into about 2 ounces of vinegar and drink it. My grandma was an herbalist. She controlled her blood pressure for YEARS with this remedy.
Thing is, why control it, when you can heal the issues causing the problem?

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
sheaviance1 said:
Thing is, why control it, when you can heal the issues causing the problem?
I recently seen a segment on the news that I thought was very intriguing. A chiropractor has found that some people's blood pressure is caused by the uppermost vertebrae being out of alignment. He has cured several people's blood pressure by making an adjustment to this area. Of course, it doesn't work for everyone, but he can see who it will work for on an x-ray.